General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Management = Better MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
i was told by fuelmoto when i ordered my PCV from them that they do not load any maps on their PCs that are leaner than stock. that would imply that your MPG will go down (richer = more gas burned = lower mpg) for any map they have.

it is conceivable that you could use a map that runs leaner, but that would undoubtedly introduce problems like decel pop and idle stalls, which are problems most people are trying to correct by using PCs and fuelpaks etc. (you might be able to lean out the cruising levels, but im not sure i would do much beyond that, especially without a dynomometer.)
Does that mean that you will have to upload your own map when you will get the PCV?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:29 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
I went from stock at between 40-50 mpg to stage 2 at close to 30-35mpg, if you gotta friend that is getting 150 mpg, I need to pick his brain and find out WTH he has done.
Yea, that's what I'm getting.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Does that mean that you will have to upload your own map when you will get the PCV?
If you buy it from Fuel Moto Jaime will send it to you with the map already installed to the setup you are running. I got my whole setup from him and it's plug and play. Very simple install.

I consistently get 38 to 40 MPG with mine. Stock was like 45.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hullhorr
If you buy it from Fuel Moto Jaime will send it to you with the map already installed to the setup you are running. I got my whole setup from him and it's plug and play. Very simple install.

That's very useful too Thanks a lot buddy

Old 01-13-2010, 01:54 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,143 Likes on 5,322 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
Besides, the search usually produces more reading through useless material to find what yer lookin for. And makes the confusion even greater...

If not for the option of 'speaking' to people what's the point of having a forum? What else would I/you/him/her/they/we do all day?

If you don't want to answer questions, or give your opinion (pertinent to the question that is), then stop clickin on threads!
Thanks for that helpful advice. Most people make at least a minimal effort to acquire some knowledge of a topic; then, if they want clarification, they ask their questions. Most people don't really want to ask basic questions in a forum for fear of appearing lazy. By the way, I have answered this guy's questions in this and other threads, until I caught on to his little game. He's quite the little ringmaster. Won't be answering any more, but you feel free to show one and all how much you know.

Last edited by OldBoldPilot; 01-13-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hullhorr

thats correct, FuelMoto ships it with a map matching your setup for your bike, so you really just have to install the PC and youre good to go.

worth mentioning is that FM does all their testing in house, on the exact bikes with exact hardware setups, so it's not just some hand-me-down they got from dynojets or some two-bit garage tinkerer.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by osirisdean
thats correct, FuelMoto ships it with a map matching your setup for your bike, so you really just have to install the PC and youre good to go.

worth mentioning is that FM does all their testing in house, on the exact bikes with exact hardware setups, so it's not just some hand-me-down they got from dynojets or some two-bit garage tinkerer.
Sweet! I didn't know that!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:13 PM
US66harley
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally they richen it up. So the mileage will decrease. To increase that much the engine would have to run way lean. Sounds like a rebuild in the near future.

Fuel Moto loads your map when they ship if you give them the information. It says right on the receipt that it was loaded. You can hook it up to the computer and check before you even start the bike.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
Thanks for that helpful advice. Most people make at least a minimal effort to acquire some knowledge of a topic; then, if they want clarification, they ask their questions. Most people don't really want to ask basic questions in a forum for fear of appearing lazy. By the way, I have answered this guy's questions in this and other threads, until I caught on to his little game. He's quite the little ringmaster. Won't be answering any more, but you feel free to show one and all how much you know.
I'm much better at showin how little I know...

What is 'his little game' anyway?

Oh, and yer welcome. I'm here for ya anytime you need me!

Last edited by CroK; 01-13-2010 at 08:26 PM.