General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to buy a SE Ultra but cant!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Want to buy a SE Ultra but cant!!

What the crap is wrong with HD? no wonder they have problems. I talked to my dealer and decided to trade in my 09 Ultra on a 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra, the Umber and Citrus color which i totally love. Well........they can locate two in the state and both of those have deposits on them. As to their allocations, they say they dont know if MOCO will give them one. What is up with their allocation program or whatever they call it. My word, if I want to buy a new Ford, no big deal, I go to the dealer, order what i want and bingo....in 6 weeks its here. But with HD, NO!!!!

Seems to me, if someone wants a particular bike, if I were MOCO, i'd say sure.... we'll plug it into the system, make one, ship it, and another Harley sold to help their bottom line. Cant figure those people out. Rotten way to sell bikes. Go figure!!!

Last edited by cdestuck; 01-12-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure, but aren't SE's limited editions? Only so many made each model to try and keep the value higher?

That would be frustrating......especially for such a big $$ outlay and you can't get it!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I worked at the Ford plant in MN for a summer back in the day, and we had special ordered cars and trucks go through the line alla time. You are right, it weren't no big deal. Guess Harley has more important things to think about then sell bikes?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:43 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSwede
I worked at the Ford plant in MN for a summer back in the day, and we had special ordered cars and trucks go through the line alla time. You are right, it weren't no big deal. Guess Harley has more important things to think about then sell bikes?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
rambobob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep looking you will get one. I wish i was you!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Like Indy said. The CVO's are limited. Only so many to go around.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
lucky chuckie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer probably just trying to pawn his goods. I feel your frustration. My friend said he saw my bike at another dealer a couple of days ago, it too is an SE. There not so limited. I'd check neighboring states myself. I'm sure you'll get your bike.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by drogers
Like Indy said. The CVO's are limited. Only so many to go around.
yeh, if I had customers willing to pay 26K for a bike, I'd tell'em too bad, we don't need yer money

Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
wjvins
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
What the crap is wrong with HD? no wonder they have problems. I talked to my dealer and decided to trade in my 09 Ultra on a 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra, the Umber and Citrus color which i totally love. Well........they can locate two in the state and both of those have deposits on them. As to their allocations, they say they dont know if MOCO will give them one. What is up with their allocation program or whatever they call it. My word, if I want to buy a new Ford, no big deal, I go to the dealer, order what i want and bingo....in 6 weeks its here. But with HD, NO!!!!

Seems to me, if someone wants a particular bike, if I were MOCO, i'd say sure.... we'll plug it into the system, make one, ship it, and another Harley sold to help their bottom line. Cant figure those people out. Rotten way to sell bikes. Go figure!!!
Cowboy Austin has one on the internet..Toll Free Number.18665004294 Tell Charlie Lefort, Walter Vincent sent you...Thanks

Last edited by wjvins; 01-12-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanna buy a '99 RK instead? less than half the price!

Quick Reply: Want to buy a SE Ultra but cant!!