Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best buy on bike?Ind,Ohio,Ky??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
lucky chuckie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember years ago when I was in the military someone told me the best prices where downtown Chicago. I myself wouldn't travel that far, but that's just what I'd been told. Good luck with your new purchase. Hope you get a better deal then what I did. I'm not disgruntled I still dig my bike. I should have rode it today. Tomorrow I'm going to do it!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
SnapOn Man
Novice

Originally Posted by CCNitro
As some of you know I am buying a new bike, Ultra classic to be exact.
I am being told the the HD dealers in Kentucky work on commision, which means more money for a bike right.? and I was told the dealers in Ind doesnt get commision, but the taxes suck. and now Im being told that I should be going to Ohio for the best buy on a new bike,(no commision and lower taxes.)
My 1st question is there any truth to this? thats why Im here asking you guys, 2nd, should I call around and quote the dealers in surrounding states?? or does anyone know with past experiance where to get the best deal.
I wouldnt care to drive a half day or so to save a few dollars, I just dont want someone retiring on my purchase, & then finding out that I could of save a $grand$ by going over a state or two.
Thanks.
Chris...:c onfused:

I searched all over Ky, and found a good buy on my bike at Cinc, Ohio Harley davidson. Also found excellent customer service and "wheeling and dealing" at Smokey Mountain Harley. At the ohio dealer, I bought mine from grant, and at the Smokey mountain harley in tenn, talk to george!! Now, just gotta find which one has the bike you want. Biggest deal breaker is, be ready to walk, walk, walk, if it aint your deal. You gotta ride it, and pay for it, so deal your way!! Have fun, be safe and hope this helps!!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

grab a "indiana auto & RV trader",tons of used bikes at great prices,have someone else take the showroom hit! get it used

Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check Stones HD in Marion Indiana. No freight or set up fees. Sales taxes on vehicles is paid in your home state. www.stoneshd.com

Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hales Harley davidson in Mansfield ohio is usually hard to beat on prices.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

Forget Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, travel a bit further South to Union City Tenn. Abernathy Harley will give you the best price of anywhere. Also their price will be out the door, no hidden charges. Talk to Danny in sales, also all the sales people and the owners are bikers, not just business people. I live about 60 miles from them and there is a Harley dealer 5 miles from me....I traveled the 50 miles and saved $2700 on my new Road King.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
kyroger
Road Warrior

I was treated great at Cincinnati Eastgate.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
CCNitro
Novice

Thanks everyone. I am going to buy a Ultra Classic, the wife and I are really excited. the reason for the classic is "road trips" we are planning to do many!
I am still, and will be for awhile shopping around for one. I will be looking into some new bikes and some 2007 and newer used. Ill be back some time soon with the pics of our new member of our family. Thanks again everyone for the great welcome.
&&&& I am waiting for quotes from all the dealers that everyone suggested here, just havent gotten all of them back yet.

---Safe Riding---
Chris..
Oh yea, I dont know if Im allowed to this, but here is a link to my sons website. He was diagnosed with leukemia July of 2008. his battle continues!
check out the great pics in the photo albam, and YES that is Miley Cirus with him..

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessekallembach

Old 01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Big Rol
Road Captain

Originally Posted by prodrag1320
grab a "indiana auto & RV trader",tons of used bikes at great prices,have someone else take the showroom hit! get it used
+1 on that