General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I need new riding buddies --

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010 | 10:24 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timvan
I dont feel that I have to have a buddy to go, just makes for a better time imo. No, I didnt tick them off..nor do I expect them to drop everything at a whim but this is over a month out and basically a paid for trip...
Sounds like you simply need to add to your friend portfolio is all. My local HOG chapter has several folks that are usually up for a road trip somewhere. I just need to say the word and give them a few weeks heads up to get their stuff in order to go. Like you, I don't have to have someone tagging along, but the stories are always better when you got a witness/accomplice.

Old 07-09-2010 | 06:08 AM
timvan
|
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I assumed, from the first post, that his wife was trying to get rid of him.
No not at all, she just doesnt have any interest in bike rallies...she likes to ride - but not the lifestyle thats ajoins it

Old 07-09-2010 | 06:53 AM
primostoy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give 'em a break, sometimes my friends wants to go somewhere on the weekends, last minute thing, well, I am on a limited budget so I can't just get up and go all the time and they understand. Someone mentioned to meet more people that rides, thats probably a good idea, good luck and ride safe...

Old 07-09-2010 | 07:00 AM
Bobby H
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree on the wife thing, I've got a few close friends I ride with when I can but life gets in the way every time we plan a big ride. If mamma can't go I'll generally head out for a cup of coffee and let the road carry me where it will. Every time I go out alone I meet someone new and interesting. Don't guess I've ever had a "bad" ride.

Old 07-09-2010 | 07:52 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

riding alone is fun if you're not afraid to make new friends. i like talking w/ strangers... and i've never met someone who wasn't happy to talk about their bike.

but if you're going to a bike rally alone, don't get a room. camp. and keep on the lookout for lone riders on the way to the party. linking up with another like-minded person always nets a good time.

i think being a biker means being free spirited and open. there are lots of folks who prefer to bristle and be exclusionary but those people are boring tools playing the stereotype card.... and nobody wants to be perceived as such.

if i had a dime for every "buddy" who backed out of a rally run at the last minute, and a penny for every on-the-road-connection made along the way, i'd be in good financial shape.