General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I need new riding buddies --

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:13 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Atlanta to Daytona is just a days ride. Go alone if need be. There will be people a plenty when you get there. Probably meet a rider or two on the way down. Have fun and be glad you are you and not them for whatever reason.

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:21 AM
OUTLAW1969
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If all else fails, check the bulletin board at your local dealership. I remember awhile back that I had a chance to go, and checked at Killer Creek HD (near you) when I was in Atlanta. They had different groups of people post meeting places for different times to leave, and I woke up that day, checked the list and met up with the next group leaving, and rode to Daytona.

Fortunately, I live alot closer now so the trip is actually better alone, so I can clear my head before I get there.....because once you are there you will not have time to......

Old 01-13-2010 | 07:34 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Go, have fun. Tell them what a great time you had when you get back.

Old 01-13-2010 | 10:44 AM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan

How do you guys meet new riding friends while juggling work and a family?
Let me see if got this straight... your wifey pays for a little trip with your boy friends, and you want to know how to make new friends.

Is that about it? How old are you?

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:00 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

take your wife or girlfriend, but don't take both...

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:07 AM
GNick
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go alone and enjoy the solitude and freedom to go fast or slow and stop when you want. I'm gonna be 70 and all my riding buddies no longer ride or even have a ride. Getting old sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:19 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
I would love to find someone in my area to ride with but I gave up a long time ago. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't stop at biker bars to try to look cool so that leaves out about 99% of the guys around here.
____ That Leaves , 99% , In for Me.

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:24 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on taking your bride with you. On the other hand I ride with 2-3 groups and still enjoy riding alone. When you ride with other groups I find certain people that will gravitate to each other. If your find other "like minded" riders go on rides with them and try to mix or merge some members. I find 5 - 7 in a group is just about right.

If you look online or go to a couple of HOG meetings and rides it will all come together.

Last edited by Danny D; 07-08-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2010 | 11:51 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frontiercat
I would set out on my own. Kind of nice riding alone sometimes; self-reliance, soul-searching, kind of stuff (sounds corny, but it works). When I have ridden with a group, I end up aggitated at someone for silly reasons (too slow, too fast, want to stop every 5 miles to look at something, etc.).

Friends are great, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, you gotta go it alone. RIDE ON.
You got that right. Once in a while you do run across someone who works out and more or less thinks like you, but not often. About the only time I ride with more than one other is if my son's all show up. No problems there, I'm still the boss.

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:13 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
... Ive heard man its still going to cost a few hundred $$ ...
And what's wrong with that? Bike week ain't no fun when you're broke, even if you have a room and the money for gas. Times are tough, right now. I'd rather stay home then to go and watch the buddies have fun and get drunk. Think about it.

Quick Reply: Think I need new riding buddies --