General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I need new riding buddies --

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:07 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

I land up ridin alone probably 75% of the time and like it that way.I enjoy rides with buds but its sure nice leavin when you want and going where you want.More of a chance to meet folks to.

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:11 AM
timvan
|
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pounder35
It's hard to get people to agree on doing stuff specially if there merried lol

well I live close to Atl in Woodstock Let's meet sometime Always looking for someone to ride with.

Later
thats the funny part, im the only one that is married and also have a young child and my own buisness that im very active in... somehow I can almost always find time to ride!

Im in Acworth, just north of the lake. Lets ride sometime!

palatium
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

I have the same problem, I ride with 3 others and with the economy its hard for them to justify taken days off of work plust spending alot of cash to boot.
What part of ATL are you in ?
When they have it , we go to triple play in buford for bikenite .
Ive met alot of ppl to ride with some can do the out of state rides and some cant but now I have prob 10 different ppl I can ride with on any given weekend and thats just from meeting them at triple play. So check out your local bikenite at either hooters or other bars around ATL and meet a few. Im sure the wife will freak out about you going to bars but at least now you have a legitimate excuse...

UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll go!!!!! Where should we meet up? Lol.

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:20 AM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try http://www.meetup.com/ then type Motorcycling they have plenty of groups riding everywhere

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:33 AM
Twistabister
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frick that. I prefer to Ride alone, its less aggravating..

I ride for one reason, one cause... ME!

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:43 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You've made the offer to your friends. Leave it open & talk about *your* planned trip every once in a while. Plan on doin' it solo, but don't be surprised if one of 'em comes around closer to time to go. I've had it happen both ways. Friends good to go till the last minute, then they cancel (sometimes loosing money). I've also had friends make all the plans, cancel, then change their mind & go at the last minute. Once had a guy cancel for two months. He called me the night before I was leavin' & asked if he could still ride with me. You just never know............

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:06 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by palatium
I have the same problem, I ride with 3 others and with the economy its hard for them to justify taken days off of work plust spending alot of cash to boot.
What part of ATL are you in ?
When they have it , we go to triple play in buford for bikenite .
Ive met alot of ppl to ride with some can do the out of state rides and some cant but now I have prob 10 different ppl I can ride with on any given weekend and thats just from meeting them at triple play. So check out your local bikenite at either hooters or other bars around ATL and meet a few. Im sure the wife will freak out about you going to bars but at least now you have a legitimate excuse...
You meet riders on the road, you meet drinkers in a bar?

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:13 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I would set out on my own. Kind of nice riding alone sometimes; self-reliance, soul-searching, kind of stuff (sounds corny, but it works). When I have ridden with a group, I end up aggitated at someone for silly reasons (too slow, too fast, want to stop every 5 miles to look at something, etc.).

Friends are great, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, you gotta go it alone. RIDE ON.

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:18 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You've made the offer, let it go. I hate riding alone too, but that's what I have to do about 75% of the time. It sucks, I agree.

Quick Reply: Think I need new riding buddies --