General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010 | 08:44 PM
skidder
|
Extreme HDF Member
Default Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

The difference between Canadian and America rider's.
There are the usual comparison's between us politically.We watch the same show's, same movies and listen to the usual recording artist's. Enjoying freedom to the fullest on this continent we both share is what all we do best.........blahblahblah.
We need to know the difference between us as rider's, the question has to be asked?
Number one for me is we have better beer.
Number 2, our women like to visit your land on motorbikes because it's way warmer to ride in.

Old 01-11-2010 | 08:54 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior

It seems you guys pay way more for insurance.
You have better cannibas also!

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:03 PM
tangeloglide
Advanced

I rode with a couple Canucks a couple years ago and they loved riding in the twisties 20-30 mph over the speed limit. They said that in Canada they dare not do that. If they did in Canada and a cop caught them they could confiscate their bike. I ran into a Canadian couple a month or so later and they confirmed that and refused to believe that I could speed 90 mph on the interstate and not have to worry about my bike being confiscated by the police.

Is this really true? Will they confiscate for speeding offenses?

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:05 PM
confederate
Most Wanted

Well now, since you asked, we don't ride canadian bikes.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:17 PM
Cheater
Advanced

The little lady and I spent a week touring the Canadian Rockies last year. The average speed limit was 100km.....I don't have km on my spedo so we just kept up with traffic. The first night I punched up the conversion from km to mph and found out that we (and everyone else) was doing about 25mph over the posted limit. Love Canada, wish I could afford to go back and spend more time.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:28 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member

You guys talk funny, instead of color, you say colour and stuff like that. Being we are connected, geographically guess we are like relatives, and like fish, after 3 days of visiting you begin to smell, just kidding, old yank joke. Glad to have ya'll nort of us.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:40 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master

One big difference is we get to ride all year round down here in California.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:46 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

You guys put mayonaise on your hamburgers.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:50 PM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

I ran into a western Canadian couple during the 2009 Milwuakee Rally. They were just passing through Milwaukee, heading west from New York State. They decided detour into Milwaukee to visit the H-D museum. Just so happens the museum was the place to be that evening for the rally. They changed plans to stay for the entire weekend. They liked the fact that Wisconsin does not have a helmet law. "It feels so free" was how they put it to us. Great couple, really nice folks.

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:53 PM
BCSG
Tourer

Not sure about having a bike confiscated for speeding, at least not here in B.C. A few years ago a buddy and I got ticketed for doing 123km in a 60km zone (76mph in a 37mph area), and we both got a $360 dollar fine. It's Loud pipes that they go after here. A rider's a rider and whether Canuck or American, I don't see a difference.

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.