General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:43 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

I don't remember ever meeting a Canadian. I suppose that it's just too d@mn hot down here in Texas for them to ride down this far south, even in the winter. I'll try to make it up there some summer soon. That would make for a really nice road trip

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:09 AM
rcaddell
Road Master

Originally Posted by BennieSG
You guys put mayonaise on your hamburgers.
LOTS of Americans do that

Originally Posted by schwangster
Canadian riders put vinegar on their fries!
Really? I have never met anyone outside of Rhode Island who does that. That includes my Canadian friends who have come to visit and look at me wired for putting vinegar on my fries.

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
The Labats down here is not the same Labats you have up there.
We only go shopping at a tire store when we want tires.
We don't ask "Where ya to".
We don't go oot & aboot.
We buy gas by the gallon, not the litre.
Our military doesn't get all their equipment from a garage sale.
We don't start many of our sentences with "The problem with you Americans".
Only SOME Americans like Hockey.
Only SOME American PLAY Hockey.
Most Americans don't go finishing & hunting on a first date or honeymoon.
Our women aren't very good at peeing in the woods or on the side of the road.
Thats funny right there

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
Miller High Life, cheaper Harely parts, more women, oh and did I say Miller High Life and more women. Cheaper gas, better speed limits and Miller high Life. Great food, honest opinions and the USMC. I love those guys too. We'd be just like you if we had 300 million folks and were allowed to have our guns too. What am I saying!? We are just like you. Except, did you folks ever forgive us for burning down your Whitehouse a few years back? Maybe we should sit down and enjoy a Miller and a long ride.
Do you folks remember when the first Canucks went up in the Shuttle? When outside for their first EVA the American Astronaut gave a 'thumbs up' and said 'everythings AOK' The Canuck astronaut gave his thumbs up and said 'Everything's OK EH'
Cheaper gas? Really? I thought it was more expensive up north.

I know quite a few Canadians personally thank to my car club. It is fun to bust their beans, but I must say they are also the life of the party. Every event they show up at, they are the life of the party. 90% of the hysterical stories after wards involve one of the Canadians as a major player. This includes an ambush by the police in a hotel parking lot. I mean, they snuck around and circled us closing in. "Shots fired" was called in thanks to a drunken Canadian with more fireworks than one could ever need. Also includes stories about someone drinking compressor oil, shaving his head into an orange mohawk for a friend wedding, and having another friend make sure the carpets matched the drapes of said mohawk. Oh, and then a video later on of said Canadian wearing only a sparkly blue helmet doing laps around the hotel parking lot.

I love Canadians. So much fun.

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:09 AM
kmac89
Tourer

I do like your bacon and thanks for Hockey,it's the only true sport left

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:10 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by will2002
I don't remember ever meeting a Canadian. I suppose that it's just too d@mn hot down here in Texas for them to ride down this far south, even in the winter. I'll try to make it up there some summer soon. That would make for a really nice road trip
no it aitn that hot out, most of us are usualy to broke to make a trip that far LOL

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:11 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I personally think that since there is only TWO countries in N America..we should abolish the border and have just one BIG country...that way I would be free to move to Arizona or Nevada without having the headache of immigration!
Most of my BC friends think us americans like of them as the 51st state...
And to be honest most americans don't think of canada. I know from when I worked on/with canada if I told american what I was doing they would think for a second.

On where people stop CND tim hortons US McDonalds.. And most canadians I know can drink most americans I know under the table and out the door..

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:12 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by rcaddell
LOTS of Americans do that

Really? I have never met anyone outside of Rhode Island who does that. That includes my Canadian friends who have come to visit and look at me wired for putting vinegar on my fries.

Thats funny right there

Cheaper gas? Really? I thought it was more expensive up north.

I know quite a few Canadians personally thank to my car club. It is fun to bust their beans, but I must say they are also the life of the party. Every event they show up at, they are the life of the party. 90% of the hysterical stories after wards involve one of the Canadians as a major player. This includes an ambush by the police in a hotel parking lot. I mean, they snuck around and circled us closing in. "Shots fired" was called in thanks to a drunken Canadian with more fireworks than one could ever need. Also includes stories about someone drinking compressor oil, shaving his head into an orange mohawk for a friend wedding, and having another friend make sure the carpets matched the drapes of said mohawk. Oh, and then a video later on of said Canadian wearing only a sparkly blue helmet doing laps around the hotel parking lot.

I love Canadians. So much fun.
yup that sounds liek us or at least most of us when or wives/gf's/ both arnt around

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:13 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
Miller High Life
That's not beer. We have Russian River, AleSmith, Goose Island, Founder's, the Bruery, and a ton of other great breweries. You have.... Unibroue. Which is good, but that's about it.

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:30 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SVTNate
That's not beer. We have Russian River, AleSmith, Goose Island, Founder's, the Bruery, and a ton of other great breweries. You have.... Unibroue. Which is good, but that's about it.
++++ on more to US than the high life.. but there are some good canadian micro brews and some decent wine..

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:30 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior

[quote=66impala;6082180]Going into Canada at Niagra Falls, at 1a.m., me and my buddy were loaded up with gear for a week of riding. Boarded agent asks, do you have and weapons or drugs, what are your intentions while your here (vacation), ok go ahead, it was no more than 45 seconds. Coming back home it was a 20 minute interview, they separated me and my buddy and checked both of our stories out.

Going INTO Canada back about 20 years for dinner in London, Ontario, got stopped and separated and the girls got strip searched (by a woman agent). Took 3 hours to get into Canada. Was too late by then to make it to London so we went to some small town an hour outside Windsor. Went back into States in Detroit and Customs agent said "How was you ride and Have a nice night*.

Going into Canada a year after 9/11/2001. Got stopped by Canadian Customs again. Wanted to see 185 pieces of ID and asked 400 questions about where we were going.( We were going to Boston through Buffalo). Four hours later we went int US through Buffalo and the border agent asked where we were going and let us in without even asking for our ID.

Going back to Detroit we went around through Ohio instead of putting up with the hassle of Canadian customs.

Gotta say that most all Canadians I have ever talked to or had dealing with were very pleasant and funny as hell ( especially when intoxicated).

Old 01-12-2010 | 12:38 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
I'm glad someone else said something. The troll that posted that message is a complete a-hole and totally out of line. Every week we're reading in the newspaper of more canadians dying in the "war" in the middle east. Then you have to put up with retards like that dick head who has the odasity to disrespect our military. I am 100% sure that no true American would ever disrespect any of the armed forces from any country who support them, fight along side them and die with them. That a-hole is not a ture representation of an American in my opinion.
zeus..dick heads can be found anywhere and it's impossible to avoid them.

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.