General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:15 AM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

I've served with the Canadian military, they are top notch.

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:20 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain

I can't tell the difference in their riding style .The biggest difference I see is that Canadian women are real freindly and they are not stuck up like a lot of American women.

I spent 3 years in western Canada from the time I was 18 to 22 playing Jr Hockey. I love Canada and the Canadian people they are freindly,and real down to earth people. I still have contact and visit with the family I stayed with when I was playing in Canada.It was 30 years ago that I lived and played hockey up in Canada. They are like second family to me .
Last summer I did a ride up to Banff and Jasper I hooked up with a old team mate that also rides we had great time saw some beautiful country.He took me around to some of the towns and rinks we played in . It brought back some good memories and laughs and we drank lots good Canadian beer I had a great time.

Last edited by skydrifter; 01-12-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2010 | 09:25 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Calwoodbutcher
At the time I almost asked the nice asian tourists to send me the pics they were busy snapping of my friends buck naked playing in the freezing Northern CA water. The reason I didn't is it wouldn't do me any good in the blackmail departments with my Canadian friends. Hell they would have given the pic as a xmas present to people.

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:55 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

American riders stop at bars.

Canadian riders stop at Tim Hortons.

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:57 AM
skidder
|
Extreme HDF Member

You guy's do have better choppers ( helicopters).

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:00 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by BassCatcher
Can't speak to the eastern parts of Canada, but I was born and raised in and around western Washington state and it got to the point where we just quit visiting Canada. Friends and relatives would come to visit and we would just say here, take our car and go for it.

Victoria was the worst. You could tell they really didn't like you but still wanted your tourist dollars. Oh, and speaking of that, back in those days the dollar was worth much more than the Canadian dollar but every merchant tried to screw you on the exchange. Got so bad we would just exchange the money at a local bank before we went to visit.

Beautiful country though, and Calgary was the exception by far. They actually seemed to like us up there.
maritimers are known for there hospitality, work ethics, drinking ability, and large familys.
i have been coast to coast and anywhere you go on the east coast its a whole twiglight feelign people say hi, they let you in to traffic, they stop to ask if your alright, they invite you over for dinner, strangers wave at you going down the road, we may be the poorest provinces but we defintly now how to enjoy life and party . hell even the store next door to me lets people carry a credit note till they get paid. its awesome down here. its almost like stepping back in time 100 years or so as far as mentality goes.

now as for our military goes i can tell you yes alot of our gear isnt as fancy as the US gear but the soldiers using it are the finest around, not just cause ofthere trainign standards but the fact that they knwo there egar isnt as fancy but they still go into the same **** the US does and make it work.

as for Liz skinny dipping Pics if availble woudl be appreciated feel free to PM them to me, but if you think skinny dipping on the west coast is cold coem visit me around april i start dipping int othe atlantic then

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:30 AM
jamesw
Road Warrior

"Stunt Driving" can indeed get your bike seized:

http://www.nationalpost.com/most-pop...tml?id=2254116

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:33 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BassCatcher
Can't speak to the eastern parts of Canada, but I was born and raised in and around western Washington state and it got to the point where we just quit visiting Canada. Friends and relatives would come to visit and we would just say here, take our car and go for it.

Victoria was the worst. You could tell they really didn't like you but still wanted your tourist dollars. Oh, and speaking of that, back in those days the dollar was worth much more than the Canadian dollar but every merchant tried to screw you on the exchange. Got so bad we would just exchange the money at a local bank before we went to visit.

Beautiful country though, and Calgary was the exception by far. They actually seemed to like us up there.
I disagree I also live in Washington state and have traveled to BC a lot. I find Canadian people very freindly and I have never felt like all they wanted was my tourist dollar .If you want that feeling go to Mexico everyone there wants your dollar including the police .
My wife and I and another couple just went up to Victoria a few weeks ago .We had great time. We are planing on taking our bikes up to Vancouver island this summer.The biggest problem I have is at the boarder coming back into the states is with US custom agents they make you feel like a criminal.
Also you get the best exchange rate when you use a debit card or credit card and right now Us and Canadian dollar about even.

Last edited by skydrifter; 01-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2010 | 10:39 AM
DGDyna
Tourer

I didn’t think the “garage sale” comment was a big deal. He was talking about the equipment, not the soldiers.

When I came back from Vietnam (Army) I looked for a rucksack but couldn’t find one with an aluminum frame (found out the Alice packs don’t come with one). I met a friend who was in Vietnam about the same time, with the Marines, so I asked him if his ruck had a frame. He said, “We got used stuff the Army didn’t want any more.”We are talking about equipment.

BTW, I'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder with any soldier that I can trust, regardless of nationality.

P.s. The Marines did buy our old Hueys when the Army discontinued them!

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:43 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

I personally think that since there is only TWO countries in N America..we should abolish the border and have just one BIG country...that way I would be free to move to Arizona or Nevada without having the headache of immigration!

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.