General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:31 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member

Can't speak to the eastern parts of Canada, but I was born and raised in and around western Washington state and it got to the point where we just quit visiting Canada. Friends and relatives would come to visit and we would just say here, take our car and go for it.

Victoria was the worst. You could tell they really didn't like you but still wanted your tourist dollars. Oh, and speaking of that, back in those days the dollar was worth much more than the Canadian dollar but every merchant tried to screw you on the exchange. Got so bad we would just exchange the money at a local bank before we went to visit.

Beautiful country though, and Calgary was the exception by far. They actually seemed to like us up there.

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:55 AM
Damage_Inc
Tourer

I would like to weigh in on 3 points....

Our military doesn't buy their equipment from a garage sale! This thread is in jest but this post rubbed me the wrong way. We are limited that's true but this is mainly due to a very large American watchdog that sees to it that we do not have anything too fancy. Our training is second to none and the last time I checked, our boys are coming home in boxes from the Middle East just like yours!

As far as I know Ontario is the only province that has road side seizures for excessive speeding. If you are caught doing in excess of 50+ Km/h over the posted limit you will have your vehicle seized immediately and fined up to a maximum of $10'000.00, this is a fact!!

It is not illegal to be a member of an Outlaw M/C in Canada however the manner in which authorities have targeted certain clubs of late. I would suggest that it would be the next closest thing to it.

Now the debatable...

The CFL is better Football than the NFL.
Our MMA fighters are tougher. Go GSP!!
Our women are Hotter! Courtesy of Quebec.

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:57 AM
schumacher
Club Member

I thought Canada was on strike

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:04 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Old 01-12-2010 | 08:17 AM
skidder
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
You got it.

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:27 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Damage_Inc
I would like to weigh in on 3 points....

Our military doesn't buy their equipment from a garage sale! This thread is in jest but this post rubbed me the wrong way. We are limited that's true but this is mainly due to a very large American watchdog that sees to it that we do not have anything too fancy. Our training is second to none and the last time I checked, our boys are coming home in boxes from the Middle East just like yours!

I'm glad someone else said something. The troll that posted that message is a complete a-hole and totally out of line. Every week we're reading in the newspaper of more canadians dying in the "war" in the middle east. Then you have to put up with retards like that dick head who has the odasity to disrespect our military. I am 100% sure that no true American would ever disrespect any of the armed forces from any country who support them, fight along side them and die with them. That a-hole is not a ture representation of an American in my opinion.

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:35 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
I'm glad someone else said something. The troll that posted that message is a complete a-hole and totally out of line. Every week we're reading in the newspaper of more canadians dying in the "war" in the middle east. Then you have to put up with retards like that dick head who has the odasity to disrespect our military. I am 100% sure that no true American would ever disrespect any of the armed forces from any country who support them, fight along side them and die with them. That a-hole is not a ture representation of an American in my opinion.

You’re right on all accounts!! We have nothing but the deepest respect for your soldiers.

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:45 AM
schumacher
Club Member

I like Miracle Whip on hamburgers. It's actually pretty good

Old 01-12-2010 | 08:51 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master

I like travelling in the USA. Roads are better, food is cheaper,people everywhere seem friendly(canada too). I want to travel more on my bike and see more of the USA. Maybe travel east to west through the states and back through Canada. Might take a couple days, eh?

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:11 AM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master

Originally Posted by lizdc
If Canada wasn't freezing I would move there in a heartbeat..

One thing I learned about Canadians is like in US the difference between the east coast canadians and west coast is pretty big.
I know more BC folks then I do elsewhere in Canada..I worked for an outfit that was 50% US 50% Canadian for 10 years.
One funny thing I found about my west coast female friends is skinny dipping.. Those chicks are always taking their clothes off and jumping in bodies of water. Often very cold bodies of water..
One time I we had a bunch of BC girls at a tough meeting in CA. Well we were at the beach chalet on the ocean in San Fran. The BC girls decide to strip and jump in.. The funny part was the tourist snapping pics of them thinking it was proof that Americans from san fran were nuts. I was standing on the beach laughing my *** off yelling at the tourists THEY are Canadian not American.
Me I would go in hot tubs with them but there is no way in hell I am going in the ocean off on of the BC islands in October it is F*CKING COLD and thought my breasts would fall off.

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.