General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 01:21 AM
girlster8015
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BennieSG
You guys put mayonaise on your hamburgers.
no, it's called "special sauce"

Old 01-12-2010 | 01:47 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

If you get pulled over for speeding in America and tell the officer "just so you know, I've gun a loaded firearm on my hip" your bike isn't getting impounded and neither are you. In fact, sometimes, you end up having a nice conversation about handguns and are sent on your merry way sans "performance award" as the sportbike guys like to call 'em

Old 01-12-2010 | 03:00 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default I love you yanks

Miller High Life, cheaper Harely parts, more women, oh and did I say Miller High Life and more women. Cheaper gas, better speed limits and Miller high Life. Great food, honest opinions and the USMC. I love those guys too. We'd be just like you if we had 300 million folks and were allowed to have our guns too. What am I saying!? We are just like you. Except, did you folks ever forgive us for burning down your Whitehouse a few years back? Maybe we should sit down and enjoy a Miller and a long ride.
Do you folks remember when the first Canucks went up in the Shuttle? When outside for their first EVA the American Astronaut gave a 'thumbs up' and said 'everythings AOK' The Canuck astronaut gave his thumbs up and said 'Everything's OK EH'

Last edited by Watch Guy; 01-12-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: not finished
Old 01-12-2010 | 04:09 AM
66impala
Tourer

Going into Canada at Niagra Falls, at 1a.m., me and my buddy were loaded up with gear for a week of riding. Boarded agent asks, do you have and weapons or drugs, what are your intentions while your here (vacation), ok go ahead, it was no more than 45 seconds. Coming back home it was a 20 minute interview, they separated me and my buddy and checked both of our stories out.

On the U.S. side we dont have Loonies or Toonies, I did get use to using them on your side.

I would still like to make it to Port Dover one of these Friday the 13ths.

My take on things, at some age or size no one should wear speedo's or Bikini's. To many Canadians at our New Jersey beaches dont follow that rule.

Old 01-12-2010 | 06:00 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

WE have Poutine, Canadian beaver, better weed, free healthcare.

Old 01-12-2010 | 06:36 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

If Canada wasn't freezing I would move there in a heartbeat..

One thing I learned about Canadians is like in US the difference between the east coast canadians and west coast is pretty big.
I know more BC folks then I do elsewhere in Canada..I worked for an outfit that was 50% US 50% Canadian for 10 years.
One funny thing I found about my west coast female friends is skinny dipping.. Those chicks are always taking their clothes off and jumping in bodies of water. Often very cold bodies of water..
One time I we had a bunch of BC girls at a tough meeting in CA. Well we were at the beach chalet on the ocean in San Fran. The BC girls decide to strip and jump in.. The funny part was the tourist snapping pics of them thinking it was proof that Americans from san fran were nuts. I was standing on the beach laughing my *** off yelling at the tourists THEY are Canadian not American.
Me I would go in hot tubs with them but there is no way in hell I am going in the ocean off on of the BC islands in October it is F*CKING COLD and thought my breasts would fall off.

Old 01-12-2010 | 06:53 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
WE have Poutine, Canadian beaver, better weed, free healthcare.
Hey i have 15 packs of Poutine gravy here...My Brother in law is bringing me 2 twofours of Alpine beer later this spring....Your Healthcare isn't free...LOL.

Y'all forgot Tim Horton's although they are moving in slowly...

Old 01-12-2010 | 06:57 AM
Dragan
Tourer

Canadians are polite ( Americans too)
Canadian bikers will spend an hour in a rain storm helping a complete stranger fix a gremlin ( Americans too)
Canadians like beer ( Americans like Canadian beer too)
Canadian women are beautiful (Americans too)
Canadians like to bitch about our politicians, healthcare, taxes ( Americans too)
Canadians LOVE a long day in the saddle on a twisty road (Americans too)
Despite our "many" differences...there's a lot of things "the same"
I live an hour away from some of the most spectacular mountain riding in the world (Banff/Jasper National parks), but I LOVE getting on a bike and tearing through the Utah/Arizona/Nevada canyons and deserts too.
Like it or not, we're a lot more similar than different...and I'm very glad we are!

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:07 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Canada has bad *** mosquito's and no see-ums.
USA has me.

Old 01-12-2010 | 07:15 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.