General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 05:04 PM
BCSG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
My experience with Canadians, as motorcyclists, is limited. Most of the time I've spent in your fine country has been on ski trips. Don't generally run into too many motorcycle riders when there's a 5 to 10 foot snow base! The few times I've been up there during warmer months, we were working in the country. I've never ridden my bike in Canada and that's something I'd love to rectify some day. Anyway, I've found Canadians to be some of the most friendly folks I've had the pleasure of running into.

"I only hope that they find us to be at least half as hospitable when their traveling south".

While I tend to agree with you on this point, I have to admit, I was a bit tickled by this example because, when you get right down to it, it's not really saying much!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Well, when I and my buddies have travelled south, the hospitality has been great. Have never been treated badly because they saw the B.C plate. Love the small towns and Folks in Washington State and Oregon!

Cheers,
BCC

Old 02-17-2010 | 05:13 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by BCCustomK
Well, when I and my buddies have travelled south, the hospitality has been great. Have never been treated badly because they saw the B.C plate. Love the small towns and Folks in Washington State and Oregon!

Cheers,
BCC
they probebly thought they might get chance t oscore soem of that world renowned BC Bud LOL.
in seriousness i have travelled all over canada and the US both as a kid and as an adult and found that the people are generally all the same except big city folks they are a seperate evil snotty breed of humans, til lyou get them drunk, then the men become whiney or goofy and the women become alot less snobby and easier to ****

Old 02-17-2010 | 05:29 PM
gunner065
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Lighten up Francis. It wasn't a dig on your military, and said nothing about the people in your military. It was in jest, in keeping with the thread.

Canadian warships are old US warships. Most of the *major* equipment in use by the Canadian military is old US gear.
I am currently on a Canadian warship off the coast of Haiti. Our ships are not old American ships. They are Canadian made. I grant you that some of our weapons systems (torpedo tubes, CIWS-close in weapons system) are American made, but not our ships.

Old 02-17-2010 | 05:45 PM
newbiker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rborsholm
A Canuck Reply... :-)

>> Most Canadians don't take their first date to the shooting range or a gun shop.
That is funny! I did take my wife to shoot on our first date...

Old 02-17-2010 | 06:08 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Well today I gassed up at an Irvings and got a donut at Tim Horton's. Went to the can at the hospital and the signage was in English and French. Talked hockey with a neighbor. Say... AM I still in Maine?

Old 02-17-2010 | 06:29 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
The difference between Canadian and America rider's.
There are the usual comparison's between us politically.We watch the same show's, same movies and listen to the usual recording artist's. Enjoying freedom to the fullest on this continent we both share is what all we do best.........blahblahblah.
We need to know the difference between us as rider's, the question has to be asked?
Number one for me is we have better beer.
Number 2, our women like to visit your land on motorbikes because it's way warmer to ride in.
I've seen HD riders who are smart, kind, polite, ignorant and rude. You cannot create generalizations or stereotypes based on locale, nationality or race.

Old 02-17-2010 | 10:20 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gunner065
I am currently on a Canadian warship off the coast of Haiti. Our ships are not old American ships. They are Canadian made. I grant you that some of our weapons systems (torpedo tubes, CIWS-close in weapons system) are American made, but not our ships.
Yep, you can't make a good canoe out of anything but good ol Canadian Maple......

Old 02-17-2010 | 11:00 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
is we have better beer, our women like to visit your land on motorbikes because it's way warmer to ride in.
Ok, then leave the beer & women and be on you way.....

Old 02-18-2010 | 03:04 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never met a better bunch of people than I did on my trip down PCH over to Vegas and back......one reason why I want to move down there so badly...the weather....and the people

Old 02-18-2010 | 03:27 AM
MNHD
Intermediate

I find in general US cages are more tolerant of bikers and tend to give bikers the right of way, letting them in traffic etc. Or that could be that where I live in Canada everyone knows me and that's why they don't let me in .

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.