General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:07 PM
Mr Pheer
Advanced

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
and what countries might they be?....North America ends at Mexico where it turns into Central America which, in turn, becomes South America at Brazil or somewhere around there...does it not?
Heh, no... it does not. They taught you that in school?

Its ok I dont blame you, I blame them.

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:12 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain

Canada is just Northern Mexico lol

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:29 PM
Bushrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by lizdc
If Canada wasn't freezing I would move there in a heartbeat..

One thing I learned about Canadians is like in US the difference between the east coast canadians and west coast is pretty big.
I know more BC folks then I do elsewhere in Canada..I worked for an outfit that was 50% US 50% Canadian for 10 years.
One funny thing I found about my west coast female friends is skinny dipping.. Those chicks are always taking their clothes off and jumping in bodies of water. Often very cold bodies of water..
One time I we had a bunch of BC girls at a tough meeting in CA. Well we were at the beach chalet on the ocean in San Fran. The BC girls decide to strip and jump in.. The funny part was the tourist snapping pics of them thinking it was proof that Americans from san fran were nuts. I was standing on the beach laughing my *** off yelling at the tourists THEY are Canadian not American.
Me I would go in hot tubs with them but there is no way in hell I am going in the ocean off on of the BC islands in October it is F*CKING COLD and thought my breasts would fall off.
They won't fall off. They actually get bigger and firmer.

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:47 PM
Bushrider
Tourer
Red face

Originally Posted by Bushrider
They won't fall off. They actually get bigger and firmer.
Aw crap, why do I keep doing that? I didn't mean... you know... not that your's aren't....

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:56 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bushrider
Aw crap, why do I keep doing that? I didn't mean... you know... not that your's aren't....
:i con_laugh:
Don't worry

Old 01-15-2010 | 12:30 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer
Heh, no... it does not. They taught you that in school?

Its ok I dont blame you, I blame them.
I guess it all depends on who wrote the books....Central america is considered part of north america...I did not know that......if that's so then why bother calling it central america at all....and the carribean islands are considered part of N america as well....interesting.....they've always just been known as the carribean islands....and greenland....well since it's owned by denmark I never thought of it as part of n america either....why is hawaii not considered part of N america....it's one of the states isn't it? why would the carribean be part of n america and not hawaii?

ummmmm......yep....guess it depends on where the geography books are written....how stupid

Old 01-15-2010 | 02:14 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

It does depend on who wrote the books. Depending on where you went to school in the world, there are 4-7 continents. IIRC most of the world teaches that there are 6-7 continents, because many countries do not differentiate between North and South America, but no matter which book you read, Mexico is either in North America or just the "American" continent.

If you went to school in the United States, you learned that there are 7 continents, and that Mexico, the Caribbean Islands, Canada, and Greenland are all North American countries, in addition to what are commonly referred to as the "Central American" countries.

And that concludes what is probably the first geography lesson on this forum. Can we get back to fingerless gloves, 1% clubs, and metric bashing now?

Old 01-15-2010 | 07:21 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Red face

Originally Posted by cptdenny
American riders have the ability and 2nd ammendment right to repel "hood-rats" without getting their hands dirty.
That difference right there is enough to sell me. Whenever I listen to a Canadian pontificate there is almost always some anti handgun posturing and I think they are highly misinformed about the RKBA and a little scared, judging from the statements that they all seem to parrot. i.e., "The government is our friend. Why wouldn't we trust it? It only wants what's best for us. etc."

Old 01-15-2010 | 10:34 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by boomer
Canada is a pain in the A** to get into, if you have any screw up's with the law.
In the US thay say just came on in just ask anyone from AZ CA or TX.
I would have to argue that point. US Customs and Immigration can be a real pain to deal with...but then so can Canada Customs. It matters not which way you're headed, there will always be a dickweed with a badge and a swelled head trying to throw his weight around...

Old 01-15-2010 | 10:43 AM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member

Seems that it only hard to get into the US or Canada if you are an law abiding citizen. Terrorists and illegals seem to walk right in. ????

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.