General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010 | 03:47 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain

"Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I personally think that since there is only TWO countries in N America..we should abolish the border and have just one BIG country...that way I would be free to move to Arizona or Nevada without having the headache of immigration! "

I guess Mexico isn't considered a country?

Old 01-14-2010 | 04:15 PM
historiasehisteria
Advanced

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I personally think that since there is only TWO countries in N America..we should abolish the border and have just one BIG country...that way I would be free to move to Arizona or Nevada without having the headache of immigration!

Geography fail

Old 01-14-2010 | 04:31 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by scootertramp
"Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I personally think that since there is only TWO countries in N America..we should abolish the border and have just one BIG country...that way I would be free to move to Arizona or Nevada without having the headache of immigration! "

I guess Mexico isn't considered a country?
It's not considered North America last I heard.

Old 01-14-2010 | 04:34 PM
historiasehisteria
Advanced

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil

haha man, this is why they call us americans stupid

Old 01-14-2010 | 05:10 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser

You heard wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_territories

Old 01-14-2010 | 05:29 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SVTNate
You got me on that one.

Old 01-14-2010 | 05:49 PM
Beattle55
Cruiser

I thought Dinovelvet would have known that too.....When we are at the local watering hole, we actally call him "Chico"......or "Yoda"

LOL

Old 01-14-2010 | 06:56 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

There is one country or so the US sometimes thinks.
On one of my trips into Canada I flew into the toronto airport from Vancouver on my way back to DC (I think too many work trip to keep which airport I was in strait). Anyhow landed and could see on the other side of the glass that their was a starbucks. I started walking over there. I had been on a red eye and was loopy from lack of sleep aka NEEDED coffee. Guard stopped me. When she stopped me she said "you can't go over thier that is the United States." At 6 am when it involves stopping me from coffee I am a smart ***. So I repond I am relatvely sure that tornoto is 1000 miles from the US boarder and that ontanio isn't the 51st state. To which she told me that part of the airport is legally the US. Needless to say I didn't get my coffee. Only the canadians would let their bully of a big brother set up little islands of territory in their boarders. You might have noticed there is no Canadian territory in US airports.

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:40 PM
MilesJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by lizdc
There is one country or so the US sometimes thinks.
On one of my trips into Canada I flew into the toronto airport from Vancouver on my way back to DC (I think too many work trip to keep which airport I was in strait). Anyhow landed and could see on the other side of the glass that their was a starbucks. I started walking over there. I had been on a red eye and was loopy from lack of sleep aka NEEDED coffee. Guard stopped me. When she stopped me she said "you can't go over thier that is the United States." At 6 am when it involves stopping me from coffee I am a smart ***. So I repond I am relatvely sure that tornoto is 1000 miles from the US boarder and that ontanio isn't the 51st state. To which she told me that part of the airport is legally the US. Needless to say I didn't get my coffee. Only the canadians would let their bully of a big brother set up little islands of territory in their boarders. You might have noticed there is no Canadian territory in US airports.
It's not so much that it is "American Territory" because technically it's not , no matter what the border guard said. Since 9/11 with the security procedures that are very very specific to the U.S., you must be cleared to U.S. specifications in certain areas, that are waiting areas to board flight to U.S. cities. Some of the rules are ridiculous, like the new one I have to figure out for carry on luggae that that Canada enacted. You are not allowed carry on luggage except for electronics purses etc etc which isnt much different, except they say baby food and items for 24 months and younger. My kid is 26 months. What do you suppose the odds are that I will get a security agent that is reasonable...?

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:41 PM
PUBA ONE
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by freekdawg1200
It seems you guys pay way more for insurance.
You have better cannibas also!
YES & YES!!

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.