General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010 | 06:08 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

Originally Posted by krusty1
Probably because most of the AJH Team is actually Canadian.
Nope, they are all Americans!!

Old 01-13-2010 | 08:05 PM
HighriderUSA
Cruiser

Well, there are differences, which is natural and what makes life worthwhile. The bonds we share far outweigh the bonds we do not. Kinda like big brother / little brother, both can handle their own when icomes down to it.

The Canadians have been America's ally through thick and thin, and that is appreciated in the military for sure. Here at Nellis AFB many countries send the pilots to train tactitcal / supporting roles. Canada , also reciprocates in Cold Lake. We are proud to work with them. Nothing finer than a squadron of F-15Cs along side some CF -18,

I will be an ulitmate winner in that I inherited a property outside Windsor on Lake Erie,very nice area and has a little bar, where bikers congregate. It is very low key and everybody remembers you. I look forward to spending more time there in 5 years.

But you can keep the winters thank you

Old 01-13-2010 | 08:51 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by freekdawg1200
You have better cannibas also!
As well as better donuts at Tim Hortons....drove from the Soo all the way to Quebec city. Stopped at just about every one on the way....

Christian
Cleveland, Wisconsin

Old 01-13-2010 | 09:56 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
I have never heard that happening anywhere in Canada. Vehicles can be impounded when they are involved in a criminal code offense ... not highway traffic act.
yep its law in Ontario if your found guilty of " street racing" or "stunt driving" they can seize your vehicle, if i am correct the seizure allows the crown to auction it off. theres been rumour tha tthe yare gonan push to have similar laws inacted here in Nova Scotia as well

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:13 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
As well as better donuts at Tim Hortons....drove from the Soo all the way to Quebec city. Stopped at just about every one on the way....
You can find everything you need in life at Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, and the peelers in between

Old 01-14-2010 | 02:38 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default I hope we don't loose the fact that this should all be

Tongue in cheek.
We are all the same because we have have a common bond, and that is these beautiful bikes we ride. Mostly for the same reasons. Although the chicks don't dig me as much as I was hoping. Regardles, the US and Canadian Military are the finest bunch of folks this side of any ocean and we should never forget that. These bikes bond us together. Everthing else or all the other **** (just doesn't matter) I still think your Miller High Life is the best beer in the world and am willing to drink with any of ya to prove it. Our Canuck beer is pasterized so that kills half the taste. Maybe if you yanks ever decide to get back at us for burning down the Whitehouse, maybe you could start by taking over our brewies first.
To the people in arms who protect us, I say to you "you will never be forgotten for your sacrifce"

Old 01-14-2010 | 04:57 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
Tongue in cheek.
We are all the same because we have have a common bond, and that is these beautiful bikes we ride. Mostly for the same reasons. Although the chicks don't dig me as much as I was hoping. Regardles, the US and Canadian Military are the finest bunch of folks this side of any ocean and we should never forget that. These bikes bond us together. Everthing else or all the other **** (just doesn't matter) I still think your Miller High Life is the best beer in the world and am willing to drink with any of ya to prove it. Our Canuck beer is pasterized so that kills half the taste. Maybe if you yanks ever decide to get back at us for burning down the Whitehouse, maybe you could start by taking over our brewies first.
To the people in arms who protect us, I say to you "you will never be forgotten for your sacrifce"
All kegged beer and all imported beer sold in the US must be pasteurized. And because of how breweries work, that means all the bottled/canned beer is pasteurized, too. Only small-batch brews from microbreweries that say 'bottle conditioned' were not pasteurized. Often, small-batch runs that are bottle in 22 oz bottles have not been pasteurized either. Not always, though.

We can forgive the burning of the White House. Still fuming over that pig!

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:29 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tangeloglide
A guy earlier in the thread confirmed it with a link. Apparently an Ontario law to crack down on street racing, but being applied to anyone speeding 35 mph over speed limit. Looks like the courts are looking to rule the law unconstitutional.
Wow ... I stand corrected! I have never heard of that actually happening. I don't think I know of anyone who has ever been caught going 35 over the speed limit either. If you ask me ... they should not only get their car impounded but, they should also get a kick in the **** with a frozen boot! There's no reason to drive THAT aggressively on a public road, where other lives are at stake ... Period! That's what ya call a menace!

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:43 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

I completed a circle tour around Lake Superior last summer on my brand X bike (sorry). I met some nice Canadian bikers. The biggest difference I noticed was they were more friendly and outgoing than my American counterparts.

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:18 PM
skydrifter
Road Captain

You got to love our Canadain brothers to the north they gave us Hockey only the best game ever ...
By the way USA just beat the Canadians for the Junior World Championship last week in Canada. With any luck we can do the same in the Olympics next month in Vancouver.
All ribbing a side I truely love Canada and the Canadain people.I find them friendly and down to earth people that can drink most Americans under the table.

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.