General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian rider's vs american rider's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:46 PM
el chivito76
Tourer

Well since i work in texas there are way less all nude strip clubs
I have been made to show id while buying-- black permenant markers--any decent cold meds because people buy huge amounts to make meth in the state of louisiana.
The good things are all the run down dirty looking burrito stands all over making the best mexican food.

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:54 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master

Originally Posted by el chivito76
The good things are all the run down dirty looking burrito stands all over making the best mexican food.
They're good if you don't know what kind of meat they're using.

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:06 PM
paud
Road Master

a few post back..
Peter puck was a damn embarrassment...Its like having Fred Football explain that sport..awful
Yes, I watched the JR. championships...wow..what a game...we won!
Oh, I live in vegas now but usta live on the NY/Ontario boarder...Near the st regis reservation ...so lots of trips north.

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:34 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paud
a few post back..
Peter puck was a damn embarrassment...Its like having Fred Football explain that sport..awful
Yes, I watched the JR. championships...wow..what a game...we won!
Oh, I live in vegas now but usta live on the NY/Ontario boarder...Near the st regis reservation ...so lots of trips north.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcUY...eature=related

This is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOw39UZ2-8A

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:04 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

My experience with Canadians, as motorcyclists, is limited. Most of the time I've spent in your fine country has been on ski trips. Don't generally run into too many motorcycle riders when there's a 5 to 10 foot snow base! The few times I've been up there during warmer months, we were working in the country. I've never ridden my bike in Canada and that's something I'd love to rectify some day. Anyway, I've found Canadians to be some of the most friendly folks I've had the pleasure of running into. I only hope that they find us to be at least half as hospitable when their traveling south.
Originally Posted by skidder
Number one for me is we have better beer.
While I tend to agree with you on this point, I have to admit, I was a bit tickled by this example because, when you get right down to it, it's not really saying much!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 01-12-2010 | 11:12 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by D6CS
Our beer is still better than yours , and apparently the American Junior Hockey Team is better than ours ?????
Probably because most of the AJH Team is actually Canadian.

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:25 AM
baldric
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
One thing we have more of than you folks up north is Wet T-Shirt contests.
Well it's colder up here so it's more fun when it happens.

Old 01-13-2010 | 01:25 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
They're good if you don't know what kind of meat they're using.
Dalmatian - it not just for breakfast anymore!

Old 01-13-2010 | 03:26 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Damage_Inc
garage sale! This thread is in jest but this post rubbed me the wrong way. We are limited that's true but this is mainly due to a very large American watchdog that sees to it that we do not have anything too fancy. Our training is second to none and the last time I checked, our boys are coming home in boxes from the Middle East just like yours!

As far as I know Ontario is the only province that has road side seizures for excessive speeding. If you are caught doing in excess of 50+ Km/h over the posted limit you will have your vehicle seized immediately and fined up to a maximum of $10'000.00, this is a fact!!

It is not illegal to be a member of an Outlaw M/C in Canada however the manner in which authorities have targeted certain clubs of late. I would suggest that it would be the next closest thing to it.

Now the debatable...

The CFL is better Football than the NFL.
Our MMA fighters are tougher. Go GSP!!
Our women are Hotter! Courtesy of Quebec.
I thought the quip about your military was a bit unfair also. Retired US Air Force here and trained some time ago with my Canadian counterparts...they were first rate in my book. The Snow Birds are still one of the finest air demonstration teams I've ever seen....

Old 01-13-2010 | 03:31 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

I dunno, I guess one starts with a C and one starts withan A ? And if our neighbors from the North are able to do anything even remotely in bad taste they just get deported and can come back again next year. The only real difference in the two countries is that some Emmigrants turned right at Ellis Island and some went left.

Last edited by OldEnuf2NoBtr; 01-13-2010 at 03:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Canadian rider's vs american rider's.