General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing Gear is the cats A$$ !

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM
wildbill118
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gerbing Gear is the cats A$$ !

Picked up a full set, boot inserts, gloves, jacket liner and pants liner this week just in time for the big freeze here in Houston. Suited up and left the house at 21 degees this morning. 200 miles later my test ride was over and I was as warm as if I were wrapped in an electric blanket. Great stuff and I had only a light layer underneath them to keep it directly off my skin. No chaps, just jeans over the liner and a light leather jacket. Great gear. I know...who wants to ride in 20 degree weather and how often do you need it in Houston but hey it does get cold and damp here and seeps right through the traditional layers after 30 minutes or so and I like to ride just to relax and put away the workweek. This is adjustable comfort at its best and well worth the money.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sound like me and everyone else who gets the Gerbing's heated gear! This is my first winter using it and it is definitely the best money that I've spent since buying my bike. Hoping to ride some myself this week after all this ice melts!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior

Do the pants liners fit under your stock jeans, or do you have to size up for a comfortable fit?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

"The Cat's A$$"? As in finger-likkin' good?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
CaptainCHet
Cruiser

Originally Posted by clicker01
Do the pants liners fit under your stock jeans, or do you have to size up for a comfortable fit?
My question as well. I have the jacket liner and gloves. That alone let's me ride comfortably into the high 30's but I'm sure the pants liner would just add to the comfort factor.

The reason I ask, it the only person I know who has the pants liner has not so favorable things to say. Another opinion would be great!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

So how do you stay warm after you get off the bike? Do you carry around a battery pack?

Old 01-10-2010, 05:44 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

The only "bad" thing about Gerbings... is the butt whupping you give yourself for not getting the gear sooner
Same applies for Warm-N-Safe.... Warm Fear, Synergy, etc.....

When you add up the money spent/wasted trying to NOT buy heated gear....you really give it to yourself

I went with the Union Ridge over pants....(sweet)

SGT MIC asked
" So how do you stay warm after you get off the bike? Do you carry around a battery pack?"....
with MY gerbings, I'm as warm off the bike, as anyone, with layers. But... generally, during weather cold enough to need the heated gear, most folks I ride with just about RUN indoors..... I'll stand around and chat with other folks, and take my time going in......

Old 01-10-2010, 06:37 AM
soundman
Road Captain

I just picked up a pair of the gloves this week. Tried them yesterday in 20 degree weather and they definately make the difference. Only thing I found is that I'm gonna have to get the thermostat rather than the switch. At times the gloves were almost too hot on my fingers. The next items I'll end up getting would be the pant liners. My fingers and sometimes my knees are the only things that gets chilly for me.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:44 AM
bagdragger
Advanced

nice heavy weight, and the color is my fav. lol

Old 01-10-2010, 06:52 AM
PLHbrian
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having the full set of heated gear is the best.

Make sure you bring an extra switch and fuses with you. Last week my switch broke. Fortunately I was about a half hour from home. Now I have an extra switch, y cable and fuses in my saddles bag.

Quick Reply: Gerbing Gear is the cats A$$ !