General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships lurking on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightking
I have heard of severl instances where they turned down a claim that really had nothing to do with mods. In one case, it was mods that the servicing dealer performed, and still dealt the shaft to my friend Soup.

Good way to get yourself in a jam with the MOCO, I personally do not know of this happening at our shop, the only place I have ever heard of this was at a dealership located near some major rally and the person that disallowed the claim was a MOCO SOAR that happened to be at the shop that day.

[quote=07JakeelwoodHD;6069004]Last time I spoke to the service mgt he told me he loves doing warranty work especialley if its is extended warranty ext pays full price for parts and labor and wires payment into there bank account...[/quote]

Exactly, warranty work pays quite well, all of our Service writers are required to check all incoming bikes for any un cleared recalls also.

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
They must be coming here to learn how to do their jobs since most of them are complete idiots without a clue of how to work on a bike.
Originally Posted by maineultraclassic

Steve

This is an unfair statement you paint all dealerships with the same brush, there are good ones, there are bad ones and some that just plain suck.

Originally Posted by will2002
I would love to look in on a DEALERS ONLY forum and see what they say to each other about some of the customers that come into their dealerships. .............. I'll betchu that would be a hoot!

We don't have one as the MOCO does not like what we would be saying on it.

Not about customers but about the Bull S**** they (HD) give us to put up with.

I don't know about other Dealers but I am on here every day, and I don't lurk I am an active participent.

If you really want to hear MOCO bashing take your parts or service maneger out for dinner and get us started.

The bottom line it is what it is, we at my shop try to provide the best customer service we can, our paychecks depend on it, there is absoultly no future for you at this shop if you are not willing to give 100%.

The new HD mystery shoppers are not only educated as they are owners , the can be downright visicious.

My guys know that I will accept nothing less then a score of 100 on a mystry shop or there are sever consequences, ask some of the people I have fired due to thier customer service skills.

Just throwing my .02 The shop I work for is listed in my profile and my introduction post BTW.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Don't know about dealerships looking for that reason but wouldn't surprise me. I hope if they do its to make themselves better...
I knew a Parts guy was on here but just showing his old FB He fixed up...didn't sound like he was looking for other issues..

Old 01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
In any orginization the "company" sets the tone. The dealers, some good, some bad, go through large amounts of training about marketing Harley motorcycles, the brand and the image. If the company isn't setting the right tone and demonstrating their desires for customer service, then it won't get done at the dealer level. It acutally most times comes down to not only finding the right dealer but the right person at that dealer. Then things will happen, I am still looking for the right person at this dealer.

And yes going somewhere else is certainly the next option.
I disagree. Yes the company sets the tone but the dealer is ultimately responsible for the customer service or lack of in some cases that they provide. They make the choice of how they and their employees treat us as customers. I can only speak on John Deere's business model but they push dealers hard to excell in customer service. Even with the lengths they go to, training, surveys and additional discount availability for meeting benchmarks there are still many dealers that act like they are doing the customer a favor by being there.

The dealer I used to work for is heading down the low road now. We used to give the best service, customers that were closer to other dealers would come to us and in many cases pay a higher price because the way we treated them. Now the tables have turned and their customers are heading farther away from home for better service (part of the reason I left). It's not because the expectations Deere set forth but because the culture they are nurturing and the caliber of people they are putting in leadership roles.

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Interesting point. Some of the customers behaviors have to influence how the dealerships act. There are some priceless personalities out there!
Also, if there are endless amounts of people blindly handing over cash, that ain't gonna help make the dealer be any nicer to the smart shoppers. We are wasting their time (how they act sometimes).

I disagree. The dealerships are individually owned and every owner has a different outlook.
Also, as I said above - the bulk of the customers coming in the door, influences (or trains) the employees how to act.
Example: If you get a bunch of dick's constantly at the parts counter wasting your time, spending pennies after pumping you for information, you eventually become a little "colder" to the next ones coming in the door. Human nature. I ain't excusing bad behavior, just trying to understand it.

Sad but true. In my younger years this was me but as I got older I treated it on a case by case occurance. I decided to do my best to make the dicks happy and try to change their disposition. The ones that were easy to get along with just became part of my ring of friends.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by POPS87FXR

Good way to get yourself in a jam with the MOCO, I personally do not know of this happening at our shop, the only place I have ever heard of this was at a dealership located near some major rally and the person that disallowed the claim was a MOCO SOAR that happened to be at the shop that day.

[quote=07JakeelwoodHD;6069004]Last time I spoke to the service mgt he told me he loves doing warranty work especialley if its is extended warranty ext pays full price for parts and labor and wires payment into there bank account...[/quote]

Exactly, warranty work pays quite well, all of our Service writers are required to check all incoming bikes for any un cleared recalls also.

This is an unfair statement you paint all dealerships with the same brush, there are good ones, there are bad ones and some that just plain suck.

We don't have one as the MOCO does not like what we would be saying on it.

Not about customers but about the Bull S**** they (HD) give us to put up with.

I don't know about other Dealers but I am on here every day, and I don't lurk I am an active participent.

If you really want to hear MOCO bashing take your parts or service maneger out for dinner and get us started.

The bottom line it is what it is, we at my shop try to provide the best customer service we can, our paychecks depend on it, there is absoultly no future for you at this shop if you are not willing to give 100%.

The new HD mystery shoppers are not only educated as they are owners , the can be downright visicious.

My guys know that I will accept nothing less then a score of 100 on a mystry shop or there are sever consequences, ask some of the people I have fired due to thier customer service skills.

Just throwing my .02 The shop I work for is listed in my profile and my introduction post BTW.
i like your attitude, would love to give you guys a 'test', but dallas is just too damn far.....

though if the deal was right, i could be persuaded to make a road trip....

Old 01-10-2010, 04:28 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ... I did not know the internet had private forums? I always thought information on the internet was pretty much public knowledge available to anyone. These forums are cracking me up ... everyone's either a poser, a peep, and now a lurker.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:57 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cycle Stop Rocester, NY

Originally Posted by bikes
"most complaints about HD Dealership are considered frivolous."
Maybe the initial complaint. But in my case a refusal by the shop to warranty my battery cost them my next bike purchase which i made at Gowanda Harley, all my accessories, clothes, etc. which gets split between Harv's harley and Gowanda, and all my future puchases. Not to mention what I tell other perspective customers. That's not frivolous....

Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM
patriotmc
Road Captain

Someone has been watching too much Jessie Ventura on Conspiracy!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoilSport
Wow ... I did not know the internet had private forums? I always thought information on the internet was pretty much public knowledge available to anyone. These forums are cracking me up ... everyone's either a poser, a peep, and now a lurker.
Not if the group don't accept your membership. There indeed could be a group for dealers only,.... but I suspect they don't have a lot of time for that stuff.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Brockmeister
Cruiser

I hope the dealers are looking at all these posts. They should be if they are enthusiasts like us. They, as bike owners themselves, should add their 2 cents in these forums. If yey see something negative they should take it back to the shop and address it, At least address the customer. Would make for better customer relations.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One thing very positive for us customers, is the fact that they no longer can use that line "if you leave, there is another behind you to take your place". LOL

The world has changed.

Quick Reply: Dealerships lurking on this forum