General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships lurking on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightking
and still dealt the shaft to my friend Soup.
.+1..

Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the dealerships are hanging out on here, then maybe just maybe they will get off their high horse and realize that not all of us are willing to bend over and take it! Some of these dealerships need to wake up and start with basic customer service!!!

Just my .02

Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rerb95
I hope the dealerships are hanging out on here, then maybe just maybe they will get off their high horse and realize that not all of us are willing to bend over and take it! Some of these dealerships need to wake up and start with basic customer service!!!

Just my .02
Well Said.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just my .02
+1.................

Old 01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
As with any kind of vehicle, cage or motorcycle, there are good dealerships and bad dealerships. Where you do business is your choice.
Bingo.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Just my .02
I couldn't agree more. I hope not only the dealerships hang out here but maybe a few of the big wigs in Milwaukee also. The whole MOCO has let basic customer service become one of their last prorities, which is pretty strange when the sales have tanked the last year or so. My pea brain thinks they shoud be jumping through hoops to try to keep the customer they have now.

I am takin my '09 Ultra in Monday, temperature permitting, to have a couple of problems addressed AGAIN. The first and most major one is that the front wheel gets into a wobble almost everytime I slow down through 30 to 35 mph, which is basicaly anytime I ride. If you, me or the local Harley dealer bought a new pickup a year and a half ago and still had the same problem their would be lots of people all over it. It is dangerous for me and I would hope for Harley's legal department to have some thing like that wrong with one of their products. It doesn't seem that it is only happening to me either.

The other is an engine vibration that is getting worse, you can feel a buzz in the floor boards that wasn't there a few months ago. Basicaly something is loose, motor mount, primary chain, timing chain, it can be a lot of things. The dealers first response was, we checked everything, and tech rode it and says it is okay. BULL!
So I will try again, then I guess call out the big guns, (lawyers) and spend lots of everyones money.

I hope the Vice President of Customer Relations at Harley just read this. What do think the chances are of that happening?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 AM
bjryman
Tourer

If I owned a dealership, I would definitely have my customer service folks monitor it so that I could attempt to improve customer service.
Dealers are in business to make money and the special product Harley sells is very much done on the relationship between rider and dealer.
Since I have an excellent dealership in Mann's HD, Edinburgh IN, I welcome them here.
I would never consider it lurking
bruce

Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I've been lucky. My dealer has always found a way to bill moco for anything I've had to have done. When the cracked mini-ape recall happened, they installed my Wild-1 drags and did all the internal wiring for me for only the difference in the cost of the replacement bars.

I've read others' posts here wherein they said dealers charged them extra to remove things like owner-added axle covers, pipes, etc to perform warranty or service plan work because those parts added to the tech's time to complete the work.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Mr. Pking
Cruiser

Try going to an Indy shop, they tend to care a bit more!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Plow64
I've always wondered how widespread the practice of double charging is? i.e. the dealership denies the warranty work to the customer and charges the customer for the repair, then submits the warranty work to the MOCO and get's paid twice.
That would be a serious mistake, as fraud is a very punishable offense, and I would suspect that it would surface when the customer approaches the MOCO.

Quick Reply: Dealerships lurking on this forum