General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black, The New Chrome- Fad or Here to stay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,305 Likes on 2,559 Posts

I didn't know chrome was ever in.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
meanderer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the mixture of both as others have stated. Both look good especially if there is a balance between the two. Some folks have a tendency to go overboard on both.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
Sorry, I had to stop readin to answer this one. Nope, not gonna flame ya. Just wanna let ya know that it's ok with me if you think I can't afford anything. I take my time about selecting a theme, as you can no doubt tell from the stock look of mine. Nope, can't afford a lot of things. But what I do buy, I buy with cash. One payment so's I don't have to wonder where next month's payment will come from. Yep, it's old, and it's not quite pretty, but it is the ONLY one that belongs to me.

As for the fad thing, the more popular things become the quicker I look for something else. Many people like that, otherwise we'd all be ridin stock bikes. I like black better than chrome myself, but you couldn't tell it by lookin at my bike cuz I bought it that way, and I aint made up my mind what scheme I want to go with yet. Takin care of the internals is more important to me at the moment. Once that's done, if I'm still around, I just might paint the entire bike with textured no skid bed liner paint. I like it, and I CAN afford the 6 or 8 cans of spray paint to cover the whole thing!

When yer sittin on the side of the highway with your blinged out scoot cus you can't figure out why it won't go, just pray some one like me that can't afford **** happens by. Because what I can afford is a whole bag full of tools that I carry with me on each trip. Maybe by then, if I save up enough, I will be able to afford the time to stop and lend you a hand...

On a side note, I used to fish quite a bit. I once heard some one say that all those pretty lures weren't made to catch fish, they're made to catch fishermen. And when you stop by the next Harley dealer, take a good look around you. More chrome parts than you can count. You think the MOCO might have heard that saying also?

ROTFLMAO or in other words:
Rolling
on
the
floor
laughing
my
a**
off

That was the best laugh I had all day.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
blicious
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meanderer
I like the mixture of both as others have stated. Both look good especially if there is a balance between the two. Some folks have a tendency to go overboard on both.
Well said!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

CroK,
I probably need to get to know ya a little better but........it would be mighty nice if ya stopped if I was on the side of the road.

I'm not knowing too much about the internals.

If ya just don't have the time, I suppose I could call the tow rig?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by meanderer

I agree, but some people just take a few random pieces off there bike because they are easy to remove and paint them black and think it flows and looks good.

No mater which way you go you must give it thought on how it will flow

Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
ROTFLMAO or in other words:
Rolling
on
the
floor
laughing
my
a**
off

That was the best laugh I had all day.
No less than I figured your response would be...

Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
I might get flamed for this, but I got my flameproof underwear on so heres my opinion. I think that the whole blacked out bike thing is for people who can't afford chrome or they are into that Goth thing. So they start telling everbody, "I don't like chrome, I'm into blacked out bikes". I know a non chrome flat black bike from Harley is a lot cheaper than a bike with chrome and gloss paint. But what do I know, I'm a CHROME *****.
Not tryin to flame ya here, but it seems that the black stuff ismore costly than the chrome.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fad, just like demin paint. Remember the marblized paint and the color changing paint? Everyone wanted it but where is it now?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
Sorry, I had to stop readin to answer this one. Nope, not gonna flame ya. Just wanna let ya know that it's ok with me if you think I can't afford anything. I take my time about selecting a theme, as you can no doubt tell from the stock look of mine. Nope, can't afford a lot of things. But what I do buy, I buy with cash. One payment so's I don't have to wonder where next month's payment will come from. Yep, it's old, and it's not quite pretty, but it is the ONLY one that belongs to me.

As for the fad thing, the more popular things become the quicker I look for something else. Many people like that, otherwise we'd all be ridin stock bikes. I like black better than chrome myself, but you couldn't tell it by lookin at my bike cuz I bought it that way, and I aint made up my mind what scheme I want to go with yet. Takin care of the internals is more important to me at the moment. Once that's done, if I'm still around, I just might paint the entire bike with textured no skid bed liner paint. I like it, and I CAN afford the 6 or 8 cans of spray paint to cover the whole thing!

When yer sittin on the side of the highway with your blinged out scoot cus you can't figure out why it won't go, just pray some one like me that can't afford **** happens by. Because what I can afford is a whole bag full of tools that I carry with me on each trip. Maybe by then, if I save up enough, I will be able to afford the time to stop and lend you a hand...

On a side note, I used to fish quite a bit. I once heard some one say that all those pretty lures weren't made to catch fish, they're made to catch fishermen. And when you stop by the next Harley dealer, take a good look around you. More chrome parts than you can count. You think the MOCO might have heard that saying also?
CroK,

I think that's probably the single best post I have ever read on any forum. It hit me like a ton of bricks. If everyone paid cash for things like you do, we wouldn't be in this mortgage mess. And if everyone stopped to lend a hand to those in need like you do, this would be a much better world.

You sound like a pretty amazing person. I'd like to meet you some day.

Quick Reply: Black, The New Chrome- Fad or Here to stay?