General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Millville HD in NJ: ideas, help with a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010 | 03:32 PM
Philly76
Cruiser

Agree with Big Al and Chicago Bob - go to the dealership in person. Would not leave until you have everything settled, including title. It's funny how attitudes change when you are dealing in person versus over the phone/e-mail.

Old 01-06-2010 | 03:42 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CroK
We had an auto dealer here, years ago, who was selling the yugos. The dealer's son was taking over the business. The son was pocketing all the cash from new car sales, and finally absconded. Not sure what all came of it, but that dealership is no longer around. Alot of people lost their down payments, and repos were abundant. I was one of the repo guys. Things weren't as bad then as they are now with the economy. I sure hope you get it settled...
I'm pretty sure since it was a Yugo, they were glad you repo'ed it.

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:00 PM
turn8a
Road Captain

I just bought a bike out of state last week(PA) .The dealer gave me a notarized title on the spot . Not once did they say they would notify my states dmv(NC) .Something does not sound right.Just ask them for a notarized Nj title than transfer it yourself.

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:10 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Blue SOG
There's nothing going on there. Sam Sr. (owner) and Sam Jr. (his son and gen manager) are stand up guys. The woman who does the titles and paperwork is really nice but slow. As said before, bad communication between the DMV and dealer. Call Sam Sr. and tell him your problem. He will get it fixed.
^^^try what he said

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:23 PM
Vypurr
|
Stage III

Originally Posted by schumacher
^^^try what he said

I did, on Monday, relayed my situation, and he said he'd get on it & call me back that day or the next at the latest. Never heard back from him.

One of 2 things got some progress going; either my sales guy, who was great, I reached out to him also & he was quick to get back to me; or, she mentioned my posting on the forum so my sharing the situation publicly may have had an impact. Either way, I'm hoping the progress continues through tomorrow & I get this resolved.

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:15 PM
CroK
Banned

Originally Posted by Vypurr
I did, on Monday, relayed my situation, and he said he'd get on it & call me back that day or the next at the latest. Never heard back from him.

One of 2 things got some progress going; either my sales guy, who was great, I reached out to him also & he was quick to get back to me; or, she mentioned my posting on the forum so my sharing the situation publicly may have had an impact. Either way, I'm hoping the progress continues through tomorrow & I get this resolved.
Yep, fear of a bad rep does wonders sometimes...

It's easy to discount one person, but when it becomes a concern for many, things happen.