General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Millville HD in NJ: ideas, help with a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010 | 11:31 AM
Chicago Bob
Road Master

I think a visit is to the dealer is necessary also. Something is very wrong.

Old 01-06-2010 | 11:58 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

There's something fishy going on. Maybe the dealer is in trouble with the MOCO and not getting paperwork for the bikes? (Not sure how that works.) Maybe somebody sold the bike twice and there is a battle you are not aware of? Maybe there is a lien on all of the dealer's property (tax lien, private judgment, etc)? Regardless, if I were you, I agree with those who have said -- take the damn thing back, roll it into the showroom, and say "Enough already. I want my money back right now or I'm going straight to the DA's office."

Old 01-06-2010 | 12:11 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
personally if it was me i would load the bike onto a trailer drive over to the dealer unload it roll it into the show room and say" here is yer damn bike, sicne you arnt smart enough to settle the paperwork issue out in a timely manner i want my money back, all of it" then go to another dealer who can handle the paperwork that day.
up here the bike doesnt leave the showroom untill the new owner has the papers in his/her name in hand and new plates on it so 2+ months is way to long to wait for paperwork.

but i am an azzhole that way
That actually sounds like a pretty good plan, but I can be one of those azzhole dudes myself.

Old 01-06-2010 | 12:17 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

There's nothing going on there. Sam Sr. (owner) and Sam Jr. (his son and gen manager) are stand up guys. The woman who does the titles and paperwork is really nice but slow. As said before, bad communication between the DMV and dealer. Call Sam Sr. and tell him your problem. He will get it fixed.

Old 01-06-2010 | 12:35 PM
karaokeman
Road Captain

someone made off with your cash .....

Old 01-06-2010 | 01:12 PM
semiret
Tourer

I'd get a lawyer.

In 1999, I bought a restored 1957 Chevy Belair (matching numbers, dual quad) from a dealer here in Salt Lake. Paid cash. The car was on consignment.

I went thru the same things you have - no title, no registration, no plates. Everytime I went to the dealership, I got some new excuse.

To make a long story short, I ended up getting a lawyer. The dealer was pocketing the money and not giving it to the owners. It ended up costing me an extra $3000 to get the title for that d**n car. By the time I did, I didn't want it any more and I ended up auctioning it off. Never did get plates for it.

I hope and pray the same thing isn't happening here.

Good luck (and I mean it)

Old 01-06-2010 | 01:24 PM
Vypurr
|
Stage III

Thanks for the thoughts. The paperwork person seems quite nice, as was my sales guy. Today she's reporting that it's agreed no inspection & the processing company has sent the paperwork & is confirming it, once I get confirmation I'll go to MVA & check for a "happy ending".

Thanks for your reactions, I'm a very even tempered guy, and I'm not angry over this, very disappointed & worried though. Worried about the bike & cash resolution, and disappointed at the lack of reaction from them. Some of you reference getting something for the trouble, hec, I've not even gotten a call back from Sam that I talked to on Monday. As a business owner & operator of a company with a couple hundred employees, I'm busy, but if I got a call like the one I gave him on Monday from a cash paying client, I'd be updating that client myself on the resolution, but just my 2 cents.

I hope to post a resolution soon, and the result of a nice purchase experience with a crazy bad paperwork experience.

Old 01-06-2010 | 02:06 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vypurr
Thanks for the thoughts. The paperwork person seems quite nice, as was my sales guy. Today she's reporting that it's agreed no inspection & the processing company has sent the paperwork & is confirming it, once I get confirmation I'll go to MVA & check for a "happy ending".

Thanks for your reactions, I'm a very even tempered guy, and I'm not angry over this, very disappointed & worried though. Worried about the bike & cash resolution, and disappointed at the lack of reaction from them. Some of you reference getting something for the trouble, hec, I've not even gotten a call back from Sam that I talked to on Monday. As a business owner & operator of a company with a couple hundred employees, I'm busy, but if I got a call like the one I gave him on Monday from a cash paying client, I'd be updating that client myself on the resolution, but just my 2 cents.

I hope to post a resolution soon, and the result of a nice purchase experience with a crazy bad paperwork experience.
Exactly !!! and more than enough reason for me to steer clear of that place. You've given them more than enough time and opportunity to step up to bat and do the right thing.

I'd be interested in knowing how this all works out for you. Very bizarre story indeed.

Old 01-06-2010 | 02:30 PM
CroK
Banned

We had an auto dealer here, years ago, who was selling the yugos. The dealer's son was taking over the business. The son was pocketing all the cash from new car sales, and finally absconded. Not sure what all came of it, but that dealership is no longer around. Alot of people lost their downpayments, and repos were abundant. I was one of the repo guys. Things weren't as bad then as they are now with the economy. I sure hope you get it settled...

Old 01-06-2010 | 03:12 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
personally if it was me i would load the bike onto a trailer drive over to the dealer unload it roll it into the show room and say" here is yer damn bike, sicne you arnt smart enough to settle the paperwork issue out in a timely manner i want my money back, all of it" then go to another dealer who can handle the paperwork that day.
up here the bike doesnt leave the showroom untill the new owner has the papers in his/her name in hand and new plates on it so 2+ months is way to long to wait for paperwork.

but i am an azzhole that way
+1 here as well. They would have had the bike back a long time ago!!

Quick Reply: Millville HD in NJ: ideas, help with a problem