General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Tweaking the Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:01 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JasonandGussy
Thanks so much for the help. I was confused about the power commander since I have never mapped it myself. As for the attitude, I didnt like that some of these azzholes were making fun of my ole mans post. Just cause he isnt the spelling bee champ doesnt mean you gotta make fun of him. I could pick apart alot of these posts but I choose not to. We really like this forum & all the people we have met here. I just don't like the way he was made fun of. He was seriously having a problem & thought he could get some help. Again, I appreciate all the help you guys have given us thus far.

Gussy
We usually help each other out, but make no mistake....This ain't a support group. It's fun that way. Serious questions get serious answers with some ribbing thrown in....What do you want for free?

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:52 PM
JasonandGussy
|
Intermediate
Default free

hand jig

Old 01-06-2010 | 06:48 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior

to reiterate, since people keep posting about maps: remapping is not a substitute for rev limiting. the maps only change how rich or lean your bike is (by increasing or decreasing your fuel mixture by the percentages you enter). you can change the mixture for different throttle positions, RPMs, temperatures, gears, and even individual cylinders now... but that doesnt modify your rev limit. just trying to clarify.

edit:
wanted to add that trying to tweak a map by yourself without a dynamometer is gonna be pretty difficult. you might be able to tweak your cruising numbers and idle numbers, but to fine tune it you're really going to have to put it through some dyno runs. or just get a map from someone who has the same hardware setup on their bike as you do.

dynojet's website has a bunch of maps available for download. also, not sure where you bought your PC from, but fuelmoto offers maps and phone support for life if you bought through them. (they test everything in-house, so their maps are pretty solid.)

Last edited by osirisdean; 01-06-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2010 | 08:56 AM
CroK
Banned

Ok, gussy. If you go back and read my second response, which I have now edited for your purpose, you may find that it was not your hubby's question which I was kidding about. Just so you know, the arrow I put in when I edited it just now points to the quote above my response, NOT your hubby's question about the power commander.

Now, just to further my input...

IF you were REAL bikers, you'd have yer *** either in the kitchen makin sure the beer was properly chilled or it would be outside waxin the chrome on yer hubby's sled! That's how REAL bikers roll, don't ya know?

Now again, just for clarification, the statement above this last paragraph of THIS response was yet one more bit of ribbing to let you know that we all can misunderstand the written word when we ride with our *** on our shoulders looking for something to bitch about eh? Get yer panties unwound, and go back and TRY to see the humor in what I said in my second response. While yer back there, grab me another beer bitch...

Last edited by CroK; 01-06-2010 at 09:05 AM.