General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Tweaking the Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 11:20 AM
JasonandGussy
|
Intermediate

What he is trying to say for all you dumbazzes that like to pick apart posts is that he works on his own Harley. We don't pay other people to "finger fondle" our baby. We are not weekend warriors like most of you guys. We don't store our bike for the winter. We ride it every day. We are TRUE BIKERS!

We were asking for a little advice on how to work with this power commander since we dont want it to rev to the max. Dont want it to redline. Right now we have stock pipes and the stock map. Just wanted a little insight from others about their experience with mapping the PC. BUT obviously most of you are just Posers as my husband said who take your bike in to be serviced. I have looked at lots of these posts & I can definitely tell the real bikers from the weekend warriors & posers.

Gussy

Old 01-05-2010 | 11:59 AM
Fl Jimbo 05
Tourer

Originally Posted by JasonandGussy
What he is trying to say for all you dumbazzes that like to pick apart posts is that he works on his own Harley. We don't pay other people to "finger fondle" our baby. We are not weekend warriors like most of you guys. We don't store our bike for the winter. We ride it every day. We are TRUE BIKERS!

We were asking for a little advice on how to work with this power commander since we dont want it to rev to the max. Dont want it to redline. Right now we have stock pipes and the stock map. Just wanted a little insight from others about their experience with mapping the PC. BUT obviously most of you are just Posers as my husband said who take your bike in to be serviced. I have looked at lots of these posts & I can definitely tell the real bikers from the weekend warriors & posers.

Gussy
Hey, I'm new to this Forum too, and I don't want you to get discouraged with it. Some people just want to have a little fun, that's all.
Let me see what I can do.

First you need to state the year and model of you scoot.
and I understand you want to adjust your limiter to 500rpm below redline.

Old 01-05-2010 | 12:59 PM
user 8373900
Banned

Now that you/she provided some info, let me give this a try.
1) the rev-limiter is pre-set and without a tuner module of some kind is un adjustable.
2)as far as getting max power 500 below the rev-limiter, not without some engine work stock cams fall off WAY before the limiter.(are the O2 sensors eliminated?)
3)You need an air kit and pipes with your PC to get any more power gains to notice.

I am having trouble with this however.....>>We are TRUE BIKERS!<<

Mark

Last edited by user 8373900; 01-05-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: trying to be nice......
Old 01-05-2010 | 01:04 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
I give up trying to help...
>>We are TRUE BIKERS! <<
Right..........

Mark
geeze - take it easy... we're just bustin' your *****.... well... not if you don't have any.....

Old 01-05-2010 | 01:27 PM
osirisdean
Road Warrior

Gussy
no offense intended, but youre not going to get much help by insulting the people youre querying.

on topic:

dont quote me on this, but im not sure it's possible to rev limit using a stock power commander. from what i could tell using the software (i forget what version i have, but i have a power commander V), the maps just dictate percentage increases/decreases in the fuel mixture ratio. you can set specific ratio changes for certain RPMs, but that's not exactly a rev limiter. (unless im misunderstanding, which is entirely possible.)

dynojet offers a "rev xtend" feature for certain bikes (it's pre-installed in some power commanders i think), but it only extends the rev limit, and only to 6200. i suppose it's possible they could tweak that in-house, but we as end users cannot. (the only options in the software are "yes i want to extend my rev limit to 6200" or "no i want to keep the stock rev limit.") there may be some special menu somewhere that im missing, but the above is my understanding of what the software is capable of.

see dynojet's website for more info.

personal note:
not to beat a dead horse, but seriously, lose the holier than thou attitude. remember that you, the "true bikers", came to us "posers" asking for help.

Old 01-05-2010 | 01:43 PM
user 8373900
Banned

Originally Posted by aviator
geeze - take it easy... we're just bustin' your *****.... well... not if you don't have any.....
Me thinks you meant this for the original poster...?

Mark

Old 01-05-2010 | 06:07 PM
JasonandGussy
|
Intermediate

Thanks so much for the help. I was confused about the power commander since I have never mapped it myself. As for the attitude, I didnt like that some of these azzholes were making fun of my ole mans post. Just cause he isnt the spelling bee champ doesnt mean you gotta make fun of him. I could pick apart alot of these posts but I choose not to. We really like this forum & all the people we have met here. I just don't like the way he was made fun of. He was seriously having a problem & thought he could get some help. Again, I appreciate all the help you guys have given us thus far.

Gussy

Old 01-05-2010 | 06:31 PM
osirisdean
Road Warrior

Thanks so much for the help. I was confused about the power commander since I have never mapped it myself. As for the attitude, I didnt like that some of these azzholes were making fun of my ole mans post. Just cause he isnt the spelling bee champ doesnt mean you gotta make fun of him. I could pick apart alot of these posts but I choose not to. We really like this forum & all the people we have met here. I just don't like the way he was made fun of. He was seriously having a problem & thought he could get some help. Again, I appreciate all the help you guys have given us thus far.

Gussy
no worries. some of the kids on here are fairly aggressive with their ribbing. you get used to it.

good luck with the mapping!

Old 01-05-2010 | 07:13 PM
ashmarc
Road Master

From the immortal Rodney King:

"Can't we all just get along?"

BTW Gussy, I was never the spelling bee champ either.....

Old 01-05-2010 | 07:26 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member

Try the website linked below. They have a section devoted to mapping. Guys that have a good map for their bike worked out ...usually on a dyno...they post it here. I believe you will have to register but not sure. John

http://www.*****************/forums/

Quick Reply: Help Tweaking the Power Commander