General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a Trailer Thread But ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:09 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I left mine at a self storage in Gainesville. Charged me $80.00 for a months rent. (Minimum Charge). I left it there for 10 days . I figured it was $8.00 bucks a night was cheap piece of mind. Truck and trailer was there in great shape when I return. I think it was Interstate storage at Gainsville.

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:35 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp

Did the same thing last year and will do it again this year from PA. Called several HD dealers in southern SC and Eastern Ga. Some were very honest in saying safety was an issue on leaving our rig there. Talked to the HD dealer in Brunswick Ga, just about 30 miles north of FLA. They were super, said a lot of folks park their vehicle there during daytona bike week. So we parked in their lot for 9 days, All was good when we got back, area looked pretty safe. Google them if this floats your boat.

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:44 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

I'm just outside Atlanta. I have plenty of room (3 acres) and would be willing to let you leave it here if you want..... PM me if interested.

Old 01-04-2010 | 08:52 PM
wildbill118
Intermediate
Default All I can say is be careful

My boss was trailering from Ca. to Sturgis this summer along with 2 other guys with the bikes in an enclosed trailer. I rode mine from Houston. Never met upwith him in Sturgis. When I got back and checked in with him he told me they never made it. The trailer wheel dropped off the edge of the pavement in NV at 70 mph. It slid around trying to pass the SUV they were in and then rolled. 2 custom Harleys, a Goldwing, a trailer destroyed. An SUV with a rear end tore to hell. They were meant for riding on not IN a trailer. Since you don't have much choice because of the distance and weather jst be careful.

Old 01-05-2010 | 01:10 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wildbill118
My boss was trailering from Ca. to Sturgis this summer along with 2 other guys with the bikes in an enclosed trailer. I rode mine from Houston. Never met upwith him in Sturgis. When I got back and checked in with him he told me they never made it. The trailer wheel dropped off the edge of the pavement in NV at 70 mph. It slid around trying to pass the SUV they were in and then rolled. 2 custom Harleys, a Goldwing, a trailer destroyed. An SUV with a rear end tore to hell. They were meant for riding on not IN a trailer. Since you don't have much choice because of the distance and weather jst be careful.
Thank goodness your boss and friends weren't seriously hurt in the accident! The SUV could have easily flipped over and the situation much worse.