General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010 | 03:56 PM
Seascape
|
Road Captain
Default Trailers

Anybody ever rented a enclosed? Im thinking about hauling to south florida to ride a few days. Maybe 10 footer ,, something that will haul 2 bikes.

Just wondering about what the rental rates are ,, if you can rent at all?

Old 01-04-2010 | 04:40 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Oh boy! A trailer thread. If you want to rent an enclosed trailer then you should call a trailer dealer.

I like to tow trailers with touring bikes in them.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...4/BILD0004.jpg

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:08 PM
Seascape
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Oh boy! A trailer thread. If you want to rent an enclosed trailer then you should call a trailer dealer.

I like to tow trailers with touring bikes in them.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...4/BILD0004.jpg
Would you feel better about yourself if we rode down in 20* temps? You can read right? Checkout my location.

If you dont like my thread stay the **** out. But either way spare me your pointless thoughts.

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:36 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not sure if a UHAUL might work.....the only place that I know of that rents enclosed trailers...UHAUL or BUDGET or some such place like that....I don't know if they have the place for wheelchocks though....give them a try they might work

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:58 PM
Seascape
|
Road Captain

Crap i didnt even think of u-haul. I think i saw a rig setup of how to make theyre trailers work.

We're thinking of unloading the bikes near the north fl border and riding to key west all the way down the east coast ,, or hell maybe the gulf coast might as well huh? If i use a u-haul I would only have to worry about where to store my truck for a week,, than just rent another trailer to haul back home.

Could work.

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:59 PM
Bodyshot1
Road Captain

we have Hecht trailers, here in NJ..must be someone out your way that'll rent. used my buddy's snowmobile trailer for Myrtle last year.

Old 01-04-2010 | 06:07 PM
MIKE722
Intermediate

Hotel may let you leave a truck and trailer during the ride. Friends go down to GA and then ride down into FL every Jan/Feb and that is what they do.

Old 01-04-2010 | 06:16 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds weird but I heard that you can park a truck/trailer at a Walmart for however long you want. We have 3 big shows here the same week (James Dean Days, Ducktail Run & the River Rally bike show) and the hotels get more than full with trailer rigs so ppl park in the Walmart Parking lot. Even RV's & such.

Just a thought.

Old 01-04-2010 | 06:30 PM
Seascape
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mreed
Sounds weird but I heard that you can park a truck/trailer at a Walmart for however long you want. We have 3 big shows here the same week (James Dean Days, Ducktail Run & the River Rally bike show) and the hotels get more than full with trailer rigs so ppl park in the Walmart Parking lot. Even RV's & such.

Just a thought.
I would be willing to do that if I had actual permission. I'd hate to come back and find that my truck is impounded. That would put a damper on what should be a badass trip. But its worth checking into thanks for the suggestion.

I thought maybe put a ad on CL see if somebody in the jacksonville area wanted to make a couple bucks by staring at my truck for 4 or 5 days while we're out on the road. Not sure how i'd verify any measure of trustworthyness w/ them except gut instinct. Course worse they can do is steal my truck... its insured.

Old 01-04-2010 | 06:31 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

When I checked it was so expensive it was cheaper to buy a used Kendon. I got a twin rail for $500.

Quick Reply: Trailers