General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Guitar Case... Anyone carry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010 | 02:03 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjewell
I want to take my D-18 with me and think that on a bagger you could trade the right bag for a guitar-case-like thingie, sorta leaning back at an angle.
I set my D-18 in the hard case on the passenger seat and strapped it to the sissy bar. Did not have any trouble. I do not take it on the bike often, it makes me nervous even though I know it will probably be fine.

I have a soft case for my strat that has backpack straps on it, I carry it often. No problem.

Getting a guitar on the bike is much easier than getting my hockey gear and stick on the bike.

Old 09-06-2010 | 03:00 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

I bought an Epiphone SG electric at a music store one day, and had ridden there on the bike. The store set me up with a gig bag, and I strapped the guitar and bag on my back with the shoulder straps on the bag and rode about 60 miles home. The wind pressure on the headstock end of the bag tended to pull me backward, so I wouldn't say it was a comfortable ride, but I did it.

Old 02-21-2012 | 04:53 PM
bryanmcdan
Cruiser

Check out the Sierra Compass ST10 for a travel acoustic. It's tiny, reliable, and sound great (amazing for a guitar that size). One of the guys with me in Uganda brought it with him and it's been all over the world. Still looks and plays brand new. We did a bunch of music over there are it didn't get drowned out by a full dreadnought. It'll run about $300 and it's worth every penny.

Also, the sad thing about that ZMotorcase is that they only make them for softails and Victory V92C's. I think I'm gonna have to come up with a solid rig for this idea. I need a weather-sealed, insulated case for my acoustics that will bolt onto my sporty and I'd like one for my banjos too).........so just how many of you guys are interested in this? I'm feeling a project coming up. Hard care mounted at 30-50* from the ground that will bolt on? Time to start shopping for a test case!

Old 02-21-2012 | 04:57 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 02-21-2012 | 05:24 PM
bryanmcdan
Cruiser

I've contacted them, but I doubt their price is gonna be too pleasing. Not to mention my current itch for a new project.

Old 02-21-2012 | 06:20 PM
Lindsey141
Road Master

In the past I've carried a few around strapped to a sissy bar or luggage rack with bungees. My only suggestion would be is to make it a guitar that you can live without. Should go without saying.. but I said it.

Old 02-21-2012 | 07:56 PM
TexasJR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jonesee
Yamaha Silent Guitar. I have the nylon string version. Packs up in a case the size of a viola case. The sound is great and it is unbelievably versatile. I have several guitars in my office at my fingertips and it gets the most play. Just a well designed piece of equipment that I'm not afraid to knock around.

I'd cry if I put a ding in my Alvarez concert series. I can't seem to dent the YSG. Pretty impervious to heat and humidity. I live in Florida and it has seen its share.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/prod...tar/index.html
+1 on the Yamaha Silent Guitar. I take mine EVERYWHERE! I travel a lot on business and fly with it all the time. I am shocked that Yamaha doesn't do a better job of marketing this guitar because it is the BEST travel guitar made. The Martin Backpacker isn't even close!!

Old 01-11-2013 | 10:58 AM
av8rfred
Stage I
Default Sure guitars are hauled on bikes

Check out this George Thorogood video for a working example. Wait for the 7 second Vevo add to fininsh and check it out . . .

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpc...om=playrelon-1

Old 01-15-2013 | 03:53 AM
Xube
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nightking
The wife and I both play, and are planning a trip out West o the bikes. It would be nice to find a smaller guitar to take with us. I have seen the smaller Ovations. Didn't know how well made they are though.
Ovations are wonderfully made and sound fantastic. They build acoustic/electrics, and mandolins, too.

Old 01-15-2013 | 02:12 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Electric? Who's carrying your amp?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Guitar Case... Anyone carry?