General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not trying to be a d*ck...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

Been to California lots of times, my sister lives in Malibu. But I'll tell you this. It's 4 degrees outside right now as I type and I would rather you tie me to the outside deck, bare-assed naked..overnight, before I would ever live there. I don't care how pretty it is.

No offense, just saying.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Living in Arizona has its perks; no helmet laws, rear 'round riding, open and concealed carry, high altitude riding in the summer, low altitude riding in the winter - and we can VISIT California whenever we want.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadwood Dick
I was going to chime in on how great Cali is, but why entice even more people to move here? Hell, as far as I'm concerned, I hope everyone thinks all of SoCal is like Compton.
To late DD, from the sound of it you have more transplants there then home grown. That's the down side to living in a state with beautiful country, beautiful women and warm weather year round. Everyone one wants to move there and contaminate it.

Jim

Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It sux here. Don't come.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone buyin ammo tomorrow in CA? Don't forget to bring some handy wipes to clean the ink off your fingers.
No problem, I mail order mine

Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Used to live there but getting too dam crowded,like everywhere else though.I read somewhere that LA county alone spends in the billions of dollars a year for social services for illegals, thats another reason I won't go back.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Duecesx2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperBill
In Colo. our bikes last longer.
Cause there in the garage more covered up to keep warm.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Duecesx2
Cruiser

Move to AZ because the next major earthquake will break off CA and AZ will be beach front property. CA will just float away and sink. Most of the CA girls will have there emergency floating divises already installed. It'll be like fishing in a barral for babes. Soory got to go ready for my ride this weekend. The forcast is low to mid 70's with light brezzes.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
hotred
Intermediate
Default d*ckheads?

I have met 2 guys recently that turned into "geezers" then turned magically into d*ckheads. So, now i'm wondering, do they automatically turn into d*ckheads upon becoming "geezers"? OR, could they have been poser d*ckheads all along??

Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Born and raised in Los Angeles...couldn't really imagine living anywhere else. Lots of problems here...but it's a lifestyle that's hard to give up...I'm a slave to it, i'll probably die a poor dirty SoCal biker because of it.

If I had one bitch about SoCal...it's the cost of living. Sometimes I day dream about moving to a state where I can actually afford to buy a house with a decent size lot, with a nice workshop on the property and actually build rods and bikes instead of reading about others doing it.

Unless your family has some money, or you marry a nice bird with some money, or you have some money, good luck ever getting into some property with the size and money to spare for a nice workshop, tools, and toys after paying the typical SoCal mortgage.

I mean...unless you want to live in the stix or the hood (and if you're in cali, why live in the stix, that sort of defeats the lifestyle, might as well live in another state. You can live in the ghetto fabulous hood, and have the lifestyle, but then you have to deal with all the hood issues, good luck!) you're gonna have a 400,000 mortgage on a small house with a little lot...how many blue collar guys can afford that, raise a family, and enjoy much else except sending that 2400 dollar mortgage payment out every month.

That...is really the only downside in my book to SoCal. Yeah the public schools suck here (speaking for Los Angeles), the hospitals are pretty jacked up too, and the traffic is insane, but all of that is coming to a neighborhood near you too, regardless of where you live. The way I see it, it's just a matter of time.

Property, while down in lots of places, is still high here and will remain high...cuz everybody wants to live here.

If you're lucky enough to have gotten yourself into some property before it became insanely expensive here, then you have it made!!!

Just an observation from 35 years of living in L.A.

Last edited by JayDee5150; 01-04-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Not trying to be a d*ck...