General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not trying to be a d*ck...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:48 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justanotherjim
Here in AZ, we are just now getting the mess straightened out that the Californicators did to the housing market with all of their excess home equity monies....
"OH!! I can afford 2 houses here with all my money!!!"A$$HOLES!
Sad fact, not just AZ, either. I lived in Bend, OR for a year, and housing went up easy 30-40% while I was there. I knew more than one homeowner who was forced to sell just because their property tax had skyrocketed. Who was driving up the house prices?

Californicators. That was hard to watch...and I felt bad being from here then

Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Used to think about that kind of living.Turns out the 4 seasons are exactly what works for us.They are all distinct, we look forward to all of them.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I prefer the 2 seasons, warm & not so warm. Done the 4 season thing. Not so much fun.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:37 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 1,087 Posts

She wasn't even running and it's uphill into the garage!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2DEUCE2
...but I went on a great ride with friends and family here in Los Angeles where it was so warm that I had to take my jacket off and ride in a T-shirt. When we got home, my wife was on my azz for not wearing sunscreen because I got a sunburn! 78 degrees in January. Riding from home in El Segundo along the PCH through Manhattan and Hermosa Beach looking at all the hotties with naughty bodies in bikinis make the high cost of living seem worth it (for the next couple of months at least). Born and raised and never plan on leaving SoCal! If I could only convince the rest of the people out here to leave my guns alone it would be perfect.
YOU. SUCK!

Just kidding, but damn, it was 14 for the third straight morning here this week.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup...going to snow in Georgia tomorrow...thought I left that crap in Michigan when I moved away years ago...

Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stuck in Iraq until late April. Can't wait to get home to San Diego to ride my bike. I miss my bike! Argghhhhh!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
SlimShady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2DEUCE2
Couldn't agree more dude. When I go outside of the state for work or vacation, I stand in awe and envy the residents of the 49 states who know what real freedom feels like!

And that right there my friend is exactly why most of us are willing to put up with a little ice and snow.........when it's too cold to ride I'll take my legal semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazine equipped pistols to one of the MANY ranges available to me and I'll punch holes in paper without wondering when Johnny Law is going to pop in and toss me in prison for a violation of some arcane, ignorant and unconstitutional law.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Cold enough here in the midwest to freeze Prestone solid. Moved the scoot outta the garage to do a little floor clean up and when I turned around She had moved herself back in, ON HER OWN!
I do believe that is also the temperature that will "freeze the ***** off of a Brass Monkey".

Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Well.....it's warm here in NJ today....28 degrees right now!! OMG This sucks!!
And if you want to whine about gun laws read up on NJ gun laws!!

The ONLY guys who can have guns are the guys who are going to rob you, drug dealers, kids, any good old boy on the corner......

You can get one in NJ....you just have to keep it "locked" in your house so when you get robbed in the middle of the night...by the time you find your keys and your bullets you already took one to the head.

Or you can shoot him but he must be inside the house and have you cornered in your own house. If you shoot him and YOU had a means to escape...your guilty of manslaughter because you didnt have to shoot him....you could have run away!!!!!

YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

After you read all this..., I'm sure you feel much better about where you live....!

Last edited by Gliden; 01-06-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Not trying to be a d*ck...