General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place on-line to buy H-D parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best place on-line to buy H-D parts?

My problem with Zanotti's is the shipping cost. I was going to order some o-rings for oil gasket, etc. When my order is $2.73 and the shipping cost is $12.75 for under an ounce of goods, that's just not happening for me. As someone mentioned earlier--might have been Bluerose--you need to look at the overall cost of the product which includes shipping. I'm still digging around for sources myself.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:48 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: HogBoy

My problem with Zanotti's is the shipping cost.
I was going to order some o-rings for oil gasket, etc.

When my order is $2.73

and the shipping cost is $12.75 for under an ounce of goods,

that's just not happening for me.

I think they tack on a little "handling". Really, I cannot argue with that.

DO NOT place orders for $3 parts.

Go to your local dealer for these items.
Makes em think you still love them.
There will be times when you want them as your friend.

My last order from Zanottis:

Front rotor 06 SuperGlide.

Zanottis - $140

Locally - $240

dynaMud

Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just called Zanotti’s to check on a seat, they did not have it, but I was old it should be in on Wednesday or Thursday. The price for a Sundowner deep bucket seat was $325 at my dealer plus tax, coming to $347. At Zanottie it was $247, with shipping came to $260. A difference of almost $90, I can handle that.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:02 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zanotti's has always been #1 for me,I have also bought from Oak Lawn HD when they do a clearance on e-bay of over stock,their pricing and shipping,and customer service is equal to zanotti's in my experience with them.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Jirehcycles.com is comparable to Zanottis pricewise and they will not charge to your CC unless it will be shipping that day. Also any order over $75.00 will ship for free.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Branded
Road Master

I've heard the same nightmares over and over with Chicago HD. I always us Benjys HD in Huntington WV. ask for Jenni

Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Edw
Intermediate

M&M cycles, great place to deal with. 20% off, offering an additional 5% off July 17 thru 21. www.mandmcycles.com

Old 07-19-2006, 12:53 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bluerose
It's your money...if you think it is acceptible to be charged before they ship, never given a status unless you ask for it, and crossing your finger that the credit card bill you just paid (and may or may not be able to dispute after a 6 week backorder that remains charged to your card even though the backorder has turned into a non-order) is acceptible... Then by all means support sites that do it. I bet it's going to cost you a lot more then 20% to fix a problem when it does occur (it time and money).
What she said...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zanottie's Big joke
There not someone I would ever deal with again. Even if I got 30% off.
Why
After a long on line search I decided to go with Them due to there in stock parts [ remember IN stock].
First I check the parts, [ they had them] then checked to see if they had them in stock, [ yes they did]and then checked to see if they were back ordered. [No they were not back ordered]
So me being a non believer CALLED them.
Yes Mr. !!!!!!! we have them in stock, would you like to order them ? Me yes, ok I'll give you over to ????. So Again I asked to check . Yes Mr. !!!! we have them and they will be shipped out right away. I even offered to pay extra for fast shipping.
So like an *** hat I did.
Big fukin suprise there all full of ****.
Remember how many people told me there in stock.
Ok so I get the e-mail confirm. And much to my suprise a day or so latter I find out NOTHING is in stock.

See this >>>>>>>>>> # 1
hi[/align]are inventory shows we have an item, but it is committed to a bike in the shop. so it has not left the building yet. as soon as your parts come in they are shipped out that day. and you will get a Tracking # from ups. <<<<<<<<<<<[/align]And then this a day or so latter #2[/align]>>>>>>>>>>[/align]
I checked on the H-D website and part # 29592-05 (the heavy breather) is on backorder until 08/20/07. The other parts we should get next Tues - Weds. <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<,[/align]So do they think we are all stupid, or is there company so poorly run the employees are allowed to LIE just to make a sale.[/align]I will go out of my way to make sure the "many " Guys and Gals I ride with never fall for there BS.[/align][/align]Never again. Buy anywhere but from them[/align][/align]

Old 12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
rex0350
Advanced

I already had 2orders "backordered" from Chicago Harley for minor stuff I could have gotten at a local shop. So this morning my bike wouldn't start,went online to Chicago HD and ordered an ignition coil and it went backordered as well. Man it'sfrustrating. But I guess I can now justify driving 2 hrs round trip to mynearest shop. The 10-20%off is getting to be a PITA.

Quick Reply: Best place on-line to buy H-D parts?