General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's all open a Harley Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another dream shot to hell!!! Thanks a lot Schu for spoiling my dreams during the holidays. Why don't you tell me thier is a minimum for Santa to stop at my house.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

OK , I'm in

Old 12-28-2009, 05:53 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's just the financial requirements for " c o ns i d e r a t i o n ".

If I had 3 mil I can think of a thousand other things to do with the money than have

the headache of a dealership.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dennyo, as long as you bring the girl in your Atavar and a bunch of her friends i think between them and the bikes we could stay in buisness and making money.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
That's been the requirement for years and years and years now.
That's only the tip of the iceberg. You still have to have a resume' that proves mucho business experience (not necessarily with bikes).

I knew one prominent local Dealership (name with held intentionally) that was owned for years with a good reputation, very profitable the whole time, the parents died and the son inherited it - but was not able to keep it because he had a felony on his record. Harley yanked the franchise. (The felony is why I with held the name, I know the guy).

Then there was Harry Molnar's dealership, Hammond Indiana. Yanked it from him because he refused to upgrade to all the new modern chit. He couldn't understand why his old building with the yellowed tile wasn't sufficient. Sold plenty enough bikes. Just didn't seem fair, nor sensible to him.

Point being, just cuz you have the money - that only means that you have a "chance" at the privilege of owning a franchise.
No felons allowed (bye-bye half this board), and no amateur idiots (only experienced idiots).

Old 12-28-2009, 06:06 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
dennyo, as long as you bring the girl in your Atavar and a bunch of her friends i think between them and the bikes we could stay in buisness and making money.
....... I thinks Yur on to Somethin , OhioSkully

Old 12-28-2009, 06:36 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since Oskully said 'we', does that mean all of us? I have enuff business experience to manage the bikini bike washes each weekend. The money men (those who think 3mil ain't that much) will have to be included also...

Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM
8Crow
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I wonder if they would take a check.....?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
That's only the tip of the iceberg. You still have to have a resume' that proves mucho business experience (not necessarily with bikes).

I knew one prominent local Dealership (name with held intentionally) that was owned for years with a good reputation, very profitable the whole time, the parents died and the son inherited it - but was not able to keep it because he had a felony on his record. Harley yanked the franchise. (The felony is why I with held the name, I know the guy).

Then there was Harry Molnar's dealership, Hammond Indiana. Yanked it from him because he refused to upgrade to all the new modern chit. He couldn't understand why his old building with the yellowed tile wasn't sufficient. Sold plenty enough bikes. Just didn't seem fair, nor sensible to him.

Point being, just cuz you have the money - that only means that you have a "chance" at the privilege of owning a franchise.
No felons allowed (bye-bye half this board), and no amateur idiots (only experienced idiots).
Again, that is all Standard Operating Procedure for ALL the big name franchises including the criminal record background, not just HD. That's just business. Hell, I have clients that mandate in their contracts with my business that none of my employees can be Felons.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:00 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, so it takes money to make money, and the rich get richer...

Quick Reply: Let's all open a Harley Dealership