General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fort Worth Harley

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fort Worth Harley

ORIGINAL: hd_sob

HD of North TX in Carrollton. MSRP & no bull.
Another vote for HD of North Texas. I've bought my last 3 Harley's from 'em.

I emailed my salesguy last night (Sunday) about a couple of outstanding sales issues with the '07 L'Rider. He called me this morning at 8:15 and we got everything handled. And unlike some of the other stores (Bedford), there is no hard-sale pressure when you're in just kicking tires.

Highly recommended.

(PM me if you want the contact info of my salesguy.)

Old 07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
bdgreen
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a ride but Republic Harley in Stafford (suburb of Houston) has some of the greatest people I've met. I bought mine from Mancuso (2 locations in Houston) and won't go back. I'm buying a Dyna Low Rider for my wife from them and 3 buddies of mine are going there too. Great place, great people, and very reasonable prices. No, I don't work there, just damned happy with them.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:18 PM
jrtexas
Advanced

If your in Ft Worth, go west to Big Spring, The Harley Davidson Shop. Real small, but you get a good deal. Lots of us Dallas cops take the ride out there and get good deals. I'm goin out for my 1,000 check this Saturday. They're doin it for just the price of the oil I put in.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SilverDawg
I also stopped in Longhorn HD last week. Met the owner (Alfred) and one of the sales guys (Chuck), that my friend at work bought his from. Not sure what they are selling at but they seemed like real good dudes. Hopefully, they are at MSRP. I will not pay above for any bike. they are going to contact me when they put out some of the 07 Ultras I am looking for.
Longhorn was selling when I was looking. There only problem is the Arlington/Grand Prarie area has a higher sales rate to pay for all theie sports venues, so that you will cost you more. But that is not their fault. They have great parties there too.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:16 AM
notorious
Road Captain

One of my buds mentioned there is a dealership in Florida (PC or Daytona) that will pay your airline ticket down if you buy one of theirs and they have very reasonable prices. Also check out C&S in Nashville. They have a new V-rod cheaper than a used one at Boswells. Go figure.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley-Davidson of North Texas
1910 Old Denton Road
Carrollton, TX, USA 75006
(972) 245-1492

These guys are great, No BS, MSRP or below (That edpends on how long you want to stay and how much you want to grnd them down)

Mike Turner is as honest as they come

mike.turner@hdnorthtexas.com

Old 07-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ouiser

I'm not sure how this dealer stays in business. I've been in there store or talked to them on the phone about 5 times now and every single time, come away with a bad taste in my mouth. This last time is the last, as I will drive the extra 15 minutes to use a different dealer.

I called today to see when they would have the 07s out to show. He said that there were several in the back still in the box and asked what I was interested in. I told him I wanted a wide glide. He informed me that they won't even put the wide glide out until the 06 on the floor sells (which had mysteriously gone up 50 bucks since my last visit only a few weeks ago). I asked if I could buy an 07. He said, "sure, but you're going to pay what we ask for it." I guess he's honest at least. He also said something to the effect that they were an independent dealer so they could charge whatever they wanted.

I called Texas Harley in the HEB area (I've read mixed reviews on this board about them) and asked the same question. The nice lady on the phone said, "we are rolling them out as we speak!".

I plan on calling several dealers before making my purchase, but I know for sure one dealer that won't make any money off of me when I buy this year.
FYI...they(Texas HD & FWHD) are owned by the same man....Texas is much better IMO, but i dont let em work on mine...LongHorn is good tho...so is the one in Carolton

Old 07-18-2006, 12:34 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Dont waste your time at either Harley or Ft.Worth or Texas Harley. Same family owns both stores. I was getting my Truck services down the street from Ft.Worth Harley. I figured that since I was close I would wander around. I guess the Harley T-shirt was not enough of a clue. I had to track down a sales person after about 10 minutes. Texas Harley was even worse. I spent 15 minutes trying to locate a sales person. My first bike was a Firefighter Edition Road King. I bought it at Harley of Dallas. Texas Harley (Bedford) was almost $6,000.00 higher for the same bike.

Check out American Eagle Harley in Corinth. They are great. I will be buying my new bike from them. them have great people. Their Hog group was fun to be a part of.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:32 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

American Eagle and the HD of North Texas are owned by the same people.
Great Service and Up front prices at both

Old 07-18-2006, 01:42 PM
hd lady
Tourer

I have had dealings with all the shops listed in the DFW area including Sherman, Texarkana, Allen, Corinth and Paris (my Heritage came from there) I really was impresed with the Bedford shop and HD of N. Tx in Carrollton. I have bought bikes there and special order items (parts, chrome, clothes) and they have always treated me well. The bikes at Longhorn and Ft. Worth have always been way overpriced.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth Harley