General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunday Humor: Newbie bought new pipes, oops!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:11 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunday Humor: Newbie bought new pipes, oops!

Went to my local biker bar yesterday morning for a little breakfast and ran into a guy I met a couple of weeks ago who had a lot of questions about the pipes on my bike. He had just purchased a new Deluxe and really liked the V&H pipes, not only the looks but the sound.

Well, after bellying up to the bar I notice him staring at a piece of paper and upon recognizing him asked him how the new mods were coming. He informed me that he had JUST picked up his bike last night after getting new pipes, AC and SERT. Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: So how do they sound?

Him: I didn't realize how loud they were and I'm still getting used to them. When my wife dropped me off and I started the bike, she said are they suposed to be THAT loud?

Me: Which ones did you get?

Him: Same as yours because I really liked the way your's sounded (pulls invoice out and and reads the text to me) V&H Big Shots Long.

Me: Those aren't my pipes, I have the V&H Longshots!

Him: What? Crap, I got the wrong pipes. (the 3 guys with me all have a good chuckle)

He then proceeds to go get his bike, pulls it up beside mine and stands there and stares at both bikes for quite some time.

He eventually leaves.

Newbies.....

Old 07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Sunday Humor: Newbie bought new pipes, oops!

[sm=jawdrop.gif]

You knew this could happen?

Old 07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
toolbox
Road Master

I needed a good laugh, thanks! Had the similiar happen to me.
TOOLBOX

Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 PM
SHEP
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years back, I bought a bike with stock exhaust. When I brought it home my wife commented that she liked how quiet it was compared to my friends bike. When I changed the pipes to V&H, she asked me what happened to the quiet ones. I told her the stock pipes were just "break-in pipes" and had to be changed after 1000 miles. She bought it!

Old 07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: SHEP

A few years back, I bought a bike with stock exhaust. When I brought it home my wife commented that she liked how quiet it was compared to my friends bike. When I changed the pipes to V&H, she asked me what happened to the quiet ones. I told her the stock pipes were just "break-in pipes" and had to be changed after 1000 miles. She bought it!
That is awesome!

My wife's just the opposite, she wouldn't let me leave the dealer with 'quiet' pipes! She liked the sound of the SE pipes I put on, and LOVES the sound of the Thunderheaders (hey, gotta please the wife! lol)