General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder Keg

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Big Johns Harley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Powder Keg

Powder Keg Harley is open in Mason, Ohio. The old Dealer was Aces & Eights.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

I liked Aces "n" Eights .........So is the new ownership as good ? I'll have to get down there and check 'em out . ......................Kevin

Old 12-18-2009, 07:49 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear it, hated to hear about the previous owner passing away and Aces & Eights closing the doors...thanks for the heads up...

Old 12-24-2009, 12:43 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

I just got back from Powder Keg. I can say that I was not impressed. I live in Fl but here in Cincinnati to visit family for Christmas. The wife and I come here many times a year and I plan to retire here in a six years or so. Each time I come into town I stop by the Cincinnati dealership and pick something up because they always have it on the shelf.

So I go check out the old Aces n' Eights and although they had some bikes on the floor that was about it. The clothes were either the bedazzled crap or the over price hooded sweatshirts. The store shirts (all five types) were picked clean and unless I wore an small or 4XL, I was screwed. Worst part of it is there is no more Sucker Punch Sally's bikes or clothes. I walk over to the parts area and found about 16 different Softail items...that is it.

So I would recommend that the owners take a drive to the Cincinnati store and take a look. There are so many bikes on the floor you can't squeeze between them to move around. All the parts you can think of and if you want an over price shirt, there are many sizes and colors. Until Powder Keg either gets more stuff or brings back the SPS line, I won't go back.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Army Man
Stage I

I'll Have to check' em out. I bought a used Bike that had some worn footpads from Aces and Eights a couple years back and as I was leavin' with it...the owner (R.I.P.) ran out with a new set of HD footboards and just gave' em to me. Hope the new guys are just as good, and have the same good weekend Parties.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
kyroger
Road Warrior

If you haven't been, don't wast your time.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
ajk06hd
2nd Gear

the new store is ok i liked aces and eights a lot. powder keg is still "new" there are a few employees carried over some i know real well. there still getting in there motor cloths inventory. sales guy says they sold 10 bikes as soon as they opened immediately putting them in the #5 spot for local dealers however i only think there is only 4 or 5 dealers in the area i can think of lol. we will see what happens there going to restart bike nights this spring

Old 07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
DAKOTALEE
Stage I

LMAO!!! I 'm not impressed with being in the top 5 of 5. I guess that means they aren't 1,2,3 or 4. I like to refer to this store as the store for "WEEKEND WARRIORS." I drive by there and can't recall seeing what I call "HARDCORE BIKERS." What I do see is a lot of candy asses. I have only been in that store 1 time. I prefer the Harley shop on Tennessee Ave.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kyroger
If you haven't been, don't wast your time.
You guys should not be so hard on powder keg. walking in and seeing the girl at the check out is well worth the trip. She should be a calender girl or in centerfold or model or..... that girl is gorgous.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM
sunrise rider
Cruiser

I have been there twice since becoming Powder Keg, employees were nice and friendly. It was on a saturday both times I was there and they had music and some vendors set up in the parking lot. Their inventory was better the 2nd time I was there, hopefully it'll get better with time. I did like the old aces and eights though.

Quick Reply: Powder Keg