General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut off by a driver, what do you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you did good. she did good leaving and may have saved you some money and court cost. I would probably done the same as you but confronting her was not the wisest of decisions anyway glad it worked out for you

Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Chock it up to a close call and let it go. getting worked up is pointless.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Bengo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya here in Phoenix its prety harsh at times. My wife and I were comming home from a long ride and same thing car moving in to my lane gave a good pipe blast and made a lane change myself. Wanted to kill the guy, wife asked why I was so mad told her, my life is one thing but on the bike I'm in control of hers as well and I pisses me off when someone thretens that. That mini van didnt come close to me again.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With so many states having concealed carry and castle doctrine laws that extend to the vehicle. It’s kinda dangerous to hop off your bike and approach the other vehicle in an aggressive manor. Even if you discus the incident with the other driver in what you feel is a reasonable tone, you may find out that other guy has now decided to show you just what their car can do to a motorcycle and its rider. There is no magic answer, just stay alert and try to keep your cool. Prohibiting any cell phone use while driving would prevent a large number of wrecks and collisions but that is just not going to happen. Even if the laws were passed they would be unenforceable, there are just too many people out there that would not comply.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I don't ride next to cars, always leave myself an out. If it happens I try and forget it ASAP. Why let one incident ruin a ride.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
You'll never win a battle against a teen age girl. You'll do time while she makes her next call.
Excellent advice.

If I wanted to win a battle like that, I would drive my F250 Super Duty. When I am on the bike I give everyone a wide space for doing stupid things. That's only because they eventually will.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:30 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,690 Likes on 705 Posts

And its not just the teens that do it. I had a grandma with 2 little ones in the back seat look dead at me them pull right in front of me. Cell phone involved, yes.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Lindsey141
Road Master

Originally Posted by justanotherjim
I am seriously thinking of getting a set of air horns, cause the sure as heck can't hear my finger or my horns!
I've never heard these before but I've heard on other forums that they are very loud.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

I use to keep a ChalkBag full of Pennies attached to my bars on my older bikes. You cut me off ,I Gave you my 2cents and bit more .

Now I just drive defensively because I live in the Murder Capital of the World and everyone and anyone is Carrying a gun. .

OH and it's not Cell Phones these idiots would be distracted by the Radio, Rearview mirror looking at themselves,eating or whatever else. It's just Poor Drivers and I drive all day on 2 of the worse Beltways and I95 that connects them so I have seen it all.

Last edited by ImNoPrince; 12-16-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys all stay so calm!!!! something i must work on.

Quick Reply: Cut off by a driver, what do you guys do?