General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You must be snow in playing with your puss

Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know I think those kitten are very cute.
Me I am picking up my full face tomorrow morning. I had gotten the the Harley Davidson skyline bling 3/4 but the more I have thought about it I wanted a full face.
Then because of this thread I watched the video from Jay Leno abotu fit. Well I measured my head. My 3/4 is a size too large.
Tomorrow morning I am picking up the Harley Davidson skyline full face in the correct size.
My theory is that while I may not look all that Harley when my full face is on. I bet ya I will look a hell of a lot better when I take it off if I hit the payment then if I keep wearing my 3/4 and have road rash on my face.
If anyone picks on me for it f*** them. Come to think of it if anyone pick on me I certainly won't be f***ing them so what do I care. I am hoping to have lines in my face the old fashion way by becoming a really old lady not by eating the highway.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

you know, I just went back to read where exactly this thread went wrong...and it was the original poster that made it take that turn.........

funny ****

Old 12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I did want to add that I completely support that everyone else can make whatever choice in helmets or lack there of that is right for them. Including some of the animal ones posted which I would love if came upon them at a stop light.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, lizdc, please protect that face!

I've told this before here, so if I bore you, please move on.

My life has been saved twice by full face helmets. Literally. Once, in 1972, coming around a long sweeping turn in the rain, a half-mile from my house, at about 60 mph+, my back tire broke lose. Bike slid into the oncoming lane, and hit a car (also traveling about 60) head-on. My body flipped up, my legs went thru the windshield, I continued over (the guy said it was a horrible "slap" when my body flopped onto the top of his car), and rolled and tumbled down the street for some ways. When I "woke up" (semi-conscious), there was an 18 wheeler turned sideways on the side of the road. I remember thinking, "how the hell did I knock that thing over?!" Turns out, he came barreling around the curve, saw me laying in the middle of the road, and flipped his truck to avoid running over me. I've had a soft spot in my heart for truck drivers ever since. As I laid there in the road, I could see that my left foot was close to my face. I was lying in a massive pool of blood. Two guys were standing over me, and one said "I don't think he's gonna make it." I passed out again. To add to the drama, my future girlfriend of many years, a neighbor's daughter, was among the 50 or so people standing by the side of the road as they put me in the ambulance. Someone had run to get my mother (I was 15), and I saw her running and screaming toward the ambulance as they slammed the door and drove off.

Both drivers spent time with me in the hospital. I was there for four months, nearly died many times over. Long story short, I was in traction for another 8 months or so at home (machine picked me up and turned me over). They said I would never walk right again. I showed them, the bastards!!

In that accident, I was wearing a Bell Star, the premier full coverage helmet back then. It was ruined. My head was about the only thing on me that wasn't.

Second time was 1993. On my K75, coming off an exit ramp in NJ, some dumbass blew thru a stop sign coming out of her office complex, and I broadsided her. When I woke up this time, there was a cop in my face. He was holding my head, and asking "Arai 500?" (I made up the model just now, because I can't remember, but he was saying the model of my helmet.) I realized thru the fog that this cop was a rider himself, he recognized my top-quality full coverage helmet, and he was trying to get me to focus. Finally, I said, "yes." He said, "it saved your life."

That cop spent the night with me in the hospital. There was no one else, I was far from home and alone. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for cops.

Take care of your head. You only get one.

Mark

Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
TKrustyK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not the poster child for " POSER " I don't who is! Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth! Looks or Brains? From the way you posted, looks are more important, but wait! - when confronted with that you go to the " a FF saved my brains " argument. At this point I'd say PICK ONE but clearly you already have.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 PM
motocriz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Helmet or no helmet...individual choice....one of my buddies rides a Suzuki M109...he wears a helmet (I rarely do). He likes to talk about it on ocassion....he likes to ride fast....so he says..."if I am doing 90 and I hit the pavement I want to make sure I have a helmet on..."

I look at him...."Dude, if you are going 90 and hit the pavement with a helmet on...the only thing left of you will be your head...so...what's your point?"

Old 12-17-2009, 08:00 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I hate that I am answering with my opinion...a "Harley" enough helmet....????

It is your head. NOBODY looks better in a helmet. It is arguably meant as a protective device and not an accessory like a purse or a beauty aid. My full face gets used in colder weather or long rides on roads without a lot of stops. To satisfy my "Harley" image it has a stylistic American Flag as its "color"...but that is because I love my country not because of HD dress code inspectors. John

Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
treefiddy
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a good discussion, I see a couple opinions here:

Old 12-17-2009, 10:39 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts
Default webbikeworld helmet reviews and sizing info

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...helmet-faq.htm

Quick Reply: What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?