General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 AM
gjantzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OsoFat

What the heck does all this mean?
reword "I'm afraid what real bikers might think of me, if I protect my head. I hope my helmet doesn't make anyone think my Harley is a metric. Will a helmet take all the fun out of riding like a Harley dude?"

Sorry to be harsh, but what were you thinking? You want a helmet to protect your head, get a helmet you like, for whatever reason. If your head is cold, get a ski cap. They're a lot cheaper than a rice-burner's helmet.

Just sayin'
This is one of the idiots i was trying to prevent from posting a lame ***, unproductive post to my search.

I like the half helmets and leather cruiser jackets that a large quantity of "Harley" riders wear. Guess you could say I have a similar taste in bikes and gear as many harley riders. Thus, looking at the full face helmets that other riders around here wear, I have a better chance of finding a helmet that I would enjoy owning.

Buying a helmet that I like the look of DOES NOT MEAN I AM NOT TRYING TO PROTECT ME HEAD. If you're one of the guys replying things like "buy what's comfortable, who cares what you look like," move the hell on! You're an idiot and I don't want to waste my time on you.

If you are one of the people that knows of a helmet that you and/or I might like that will fit my taste and protect my head, thank you for your help in my search.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
What's it like riding with a modular in the open position @ 60 or 70 mph? (Do you have a windshield?)

I would like to know too

You wouldn't do that. It's not comfortable, it's not really even feasible. The wind would bhuffet the helmet around. Not intended to be used that way. I wear mine open at very slow speeds (local roads for short distances), but I close it as soon as I'm going over 25-30 mph.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Originally Posted by gjantzer
...If you're one of the guys replying things like "buy what's comfortable, who cares what you look like," move the hell on! You're an idiot and I don't want to waste my time on you.

You need to learn some manners.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
gjantzer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
You need to learn some manners.
Coming from the guy that wrote this?

Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Just-a-Guy
Senior Rider
2006 Harley-Davidson FXD
My Garage

fukk you. that's what I think of you, and you god damn spam. *******.

I'd bet a few bucks you don't get many people signed up to take your manners class. I'd bet your "pot calling the kettle black" class is all filled up though.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Originally Posted by gjantzer
Coming from the guy that wrote this?

Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Just-a-Guy
Senior Rider
2006 Harley-Davidson FXD
My Garage

fukk you. that's what I think of you, and you god damn spam. *******.

I'd bet a few bucks you don't get many people signed up to take your manners class. I'd bet your "pot calling the kettle black" class is all filled up though.
Oh, aren't you clever. You're able to use the search function to find my other posts. Have fun. For your information, that post was in response to an ******* spammer who was abusing this forum by repeatedly posting his spam links. I stand by that post and I would have been even more nasty if I thought the mods would leave it.

Not only do you need to learn some manners, you need to learn to read.

Enjoy your search for a helmet you won't be afraid to wear.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:11 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

heres a couple for you to look at,

Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

i have a HJC full face and my wife has a ARAI for winter rides. The ARAI is much better made and worth the extra money. I also have a shoie 3/4 that is also a real nice ome just not quit as warm

Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Name:  monsterhelmet_1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  monsterhelmet_4.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  monsterhelmet_2-450x337.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  21.6 KB

Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
SalsaNChips
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a Nolan full face helmet when I ride, pretty much year round. Great helmet, totally satisfied with it and I recommend them highly.

When I went looking for a FF helmet, my criteria were 1.) it had to match the color of my bike (black), 2.) it had to be between $175 to $250 (the Nolan came in at $200) 3.) it had to be a well known brand and 4.) it had to have a clean, functional design. Getting one that looked Harley-like never occurred to me, so Nolan may or may not be what you are looking for.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
OsoFat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"This is one of the idiots i was trying to prevent from posting a lame ***, unproductive post to my search."

OUCH!

I'll try to be productive.
Buy the best-rated black or flat black FF helmet you can afford, with a tinted visor. You'll protect your noggin, continue to look cool, and maintain your "Harley Spirit."

Peace

Quick Reply: What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?