General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
The Shute
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just ran into the same situation, due to the duration of my ride to work in the dark a.m. and I must wear a DOT helmet on the military base I work at. Bought my first one in my life, I'm pretty cheap also. Got one from U Helmets.com for about $62.00 It's modular so I can flip up the face so the guards can i.d. me. It's flat black and looks as good or Harley like as any crappy DOT lid will let you.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM
JT-
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've worn Scorpion helmets on my sports bikes for about 5 years now. I just bought an 09 Nighster so I'll most likely get new matte black Scorpion Exo-1000. It's got a flip down tinted eye shield which flips down inside the outer faceshield. The thing I really like about Scorpion is that you can unsnap all the inner helmet padding with 8 snaps and throw them in the washer. Each snap-able packet of foam is completely conformable as well. You can remove padding from some spots and add it to others and snap the packet back together very quickly.

I also swap my clear/tinted shields every day since I leave for work it's bright out, leave for home and it's dark. The shields have quick release controls that are easy to use, albeit a bit on delicate side. If you're just a little careful when changing shields there shouldn't be any problems though.

Good luck.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Zox modular but it had a small opening. It fit great and sheild parts cost to much to replace things.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..it's sad when you're more worried about image than comfort..just sad..BTW, I wear a bright yellow shoei full face when it starts getting cold..I want those damn cagers to see me..

Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klap
..it's sad when you're more worried about image than comfort..just sad..BTW, I wear a bright yellow shoei full face when it starts getting cold..I want those damn cagers to see me..
You poser. Everyone knows us real Harley-type guys wear Monza Red full face Shoei's.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely not mine.

Flames and skulls on both sides and CRACK HEAD on the back. Ah yeah, don't ask....

Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Others have said it, but when it comes to a full face looks come in second. If that sucker fogs up on you riding it does not matter how cool it looks when you can not see chit!!!

Also, if you are looking for a fullface they can be expensive for a good one. Having a liner that pulls and to be washed is a plus.

I have all types of helmets and scorpion helmets are the best for the lining and venting.

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigSeaDaddy
Others have said it, but when it comes to a full face looks come in second. If that sucker fogs up on you riding it does not matter how cool it looks when you can not see chit!!!

Also, if you are looking for a fullface they can be expensive for a good one. Having a liner that pulls and to be washed is a plus.

I have all types of helmets and scorpion helmets are the best for the lining and venting.

Good luck!
Agreed. I have two Scorpion full face helmets! Love 'em!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
scott63
Cruiser

It is a helmet not a fashion accessory!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
BTBlender
Advanced

I use one of these--cheap, too!

Attached Thumbnails What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?-0015-0402-1209-5543_sm.jpg  

Quick Reply: What is the most "Harley" looking Full Face Helmet?