General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Unbelievable!!

Judge rethinks crash penalty

Judge's decision angers family

Judge silences victim's family

Old 07-15-2006, 11:22 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Makes you wonder what he is thinking. It certainly sends the wrong message.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:34 PM
skid jackson
Cruiser
Default RE: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Wonder what the judge would do if his wife was killed by a drunk driver, he lost a leg and was bound to a wheel chair the rest of his life!! Unbelieveable is right.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:05 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

I agre with skid! make's you wonder where people's head's are!

Old 07-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

Wow. So sad.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Bluerose

That just sucks.

I used to drive Ortega Hwy quite a bit...have been run off the road a couple of times in my cage because people don't pay attention and take the corners to wide. The last time I stopped a short 5 ft on the dirt before the cliff. Scared me to death...Drunk is not a good way to be on that road.

I had a friend hit by a drink driver and confined to a wheel chair....he was a marine, the only thing he ever wanted to be....all because someone thought they were sober enough to drive.

They should have to take responsability for what they have done....it's that simple.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:18 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

ORIGINAL: skid jackson

Wonder what the judge would do if his wife was killed by a drunk driver, he lost a leg and was bound to a wheel chair the rest of his life!! Unbelieveable is right.
I was wondering the same thing as I was reading those articles.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Bad Mojo
Tourer

Judges like that **** me off. More and more I see people in power lose the ability to put themselves in someone elses shoes. There's no way that woman should be let out, you do the crime, you do the time... If it were me, I'd call getting drunk and driving premeditated murder and she'd be in for a lot longer.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The judge needs to be disbarred and sent to prison for failing to be able to do his job any longer. The is a grose miscarriage of justice.

And that is what I wrote to the website that printed the stories of these articles.

If enough public "Outrage" is flooding that site wouldn't you think they would print it and it would make other news of the ruling as well?

Please write!!!!

Please write now.

This is one of the reasons "We", motorcyclists are the invisiable in this country, becuase "We" stand for this kind of treatment.

We all need to do something about it!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:08 AM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheryl spent more time in the hospital than Ms. Smith spent in prison
That whole deal is really sad [&:] WTF is he thinking

Quick Reply: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case