General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

There needs to be a judicial revocation review board formed and whenever judges fail in their duty they should be taken from the bench. This scumbag killed 1, maimed another. Just like that scumbag Janklow. 2 years for killing someone is nothing. 2 year for reducing the quality of life of 1 person permanently would be too light.

If they want out now, take off a leg and an arm. B/C they sure won't be paying any financial price, and 3 months of interruption will do little to their life either.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:45 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case

Hmmmm...wonder if he was paid to "reconsider" this. Hope the local biker unit to campaign against him in the next election.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 PM
notorious
Road Captain

Hey it's SoCal. Enough said.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:21 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

What a bunch of crap......Seems the best way to kill someone and get away with it is get drunk and run them down. Something needs to change..

Old 07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

I consider that drinking and driving... i.e. DUI, is a "willfull" and "pre-meditated" event. Therefore... I consider that a death involving DUI should be prosecuted as pre-meditated murder.

This judge should be removed. Termination of the murderer would be justice as well! (oh... and the stats suggest that she WILL be involved in something like this again.

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 07-16-2006, 05:45 PM
madcitycustom
Road Master

There is a debate occurring in the legal circles about whether we should allow victims and their families to testify in the sentencing phase of a trial. The opposition claims that emotional appeals have no bearing on the facts of a case and shouldn't be able to sway judgment. I bet this judge feels he was swayed by the family's prior testimony which caused him to give the 2 year sentence. Looking back with emotional detachment, he thinks the facts warrant a change. In doing so, he has changed the criminal procedure to fit his personal opinion on how the process should occur, disregarding the community's power to decide. Activist judges need to go.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

I wonder how much that judge was paid to reverse his decision.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I read that the driver entered into a plea agreement with the prosecution?? If so, she AGREED with the two year prison sentence to avoid going to trial and being placed in jeopardy of a harsher sentence by a jury. Something is just not adding up.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:51 PM
dhutchison
Tourer

Sounds like a Judge with an agenda. No offense to you Cali guys, but let's face it, it's a pretty liberal state. His action is a good way to get his name out in the papers for whatever future political plan he has. I dare say there are more powerful liberals out there with a vote than the bikers, plus more money to throw into a campaign. I'd bet money you'll see his name on some sort of election sign down the road. What a s#*t head. It'd serve him right to get run over by a drunk walking to his car.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:13 PM
CRASH
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dadofsix

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I read that the driver entered into a plea agreement with the prosecution?? If so, she AGREED with the two year prison sentence to avoid going to trial and being placed in jeopardy of a harsher sentence by a jury.
That's not exactly how it works. She agreed to plea guilty to a lesser CHARGE, which carries the possibility of a lesser sentence. And the jury doesn't impose the sentence. They just decide guilt. The judge passes sentence. In this case it looks like she could have gotten "up to 4yrs". He gave her two, and now thinks she should get probation!! That is BS!

Quick Reply: Outrageous sentencing reversal in Orange County vehicular manslaughter case