General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I live in Pueblo (about 50 miles south of CS) but drive to work in Colorado Springs every day. American Motorcycles on Hwy 24 (Platte) is about as good an indy as you'll find anywhere; great service and good people. I wouldn't hesitate to use them or recommend them to anyone.

Generally, most of what I've heard of the service departments at Pikes Peak HD and Colorado Spgs. HD (owned by same family) has been good. I know a few CS bike owners who favor Outpost HD in Pueblo and take their bikes there for service. I use Outpost for my work and have always been treated well by Chris Mata and his tech staff. I think you'll just need to visit each of these dealerships and figure out your own comfort level though.

As far as the riding in this area is concerned....if you spend time here on the forum you'll see that a lot of riders come to Colorado between Memorial Day and Labor Day...so there must be something about this place they like.

Ride safe.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
67bullitt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tripwire, I am in Colo Springs been here forever lots of growth here. Maybe 600,000 people or more. I just got a little sportster R and would be happy to show you around when you get here.
I-25 now 3 and 4 lanes through town its still a mess. You will have lots of riding buddies down at Fort Carson, it is beautiful here with riding year round but off and on in winter. I am new to Harleys but have ridden everything else known to man, so I am not much help on who to go to for service. I will ask around though.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks again guys. I hear that the Springs is a Harley friendly town and on a nice day there are tons every where you look. I'm pretty happy and I'm sure the family will love it there. My son is already asking if he can get a snowboard!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Garden of the Gods

Originally Posted by tripwire759
Looks like Uncle Sam is going to move me to Fort Carson in Colorado Springs. I have a great indy here in FL now so I guess I'm looking for who to take my bike to and who to stay the Hell away from.

Also how are the drivers there? I keep missing the blue hairs but have come close to the soccer mom in the SUV on the cell phone a few times.

Thanks for the help.
I was there back in 70 before I went to Nam, great duty station back then. I loved it, that was back before the urban sprawl. I would love to have had a road bike, had an old Bultaco Dirt bike that was a kick but there is some great riding in that area. I go back from time to time, love it out there! Pike's Peak was dirt and gravel back then, someone told me they paved it? That would be a great ride or the run down to Durango. Check it out!

Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Springs!!

I have lived here for a little over 5 years and can't think of anywhere else in the world to ride or live.

Colorado Springs is a military friendly city so you will be welcomed with open arms.

I would HIGHLY recommend American motorcyles (www.amcycles.com). The owner (Eric) is a really great guy (retired Air Force) and they will give you a discount if you are military. Their mechanics are top notch and are willing to help you out if you have any questions.

Get ready for a great couple of years!!