General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

license plate question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't block out my plate. I think you're far more likely to have grief from all the HD decals on the vehicles in your driveway than you are from a license plate on the web.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BucksBike
Part of what I do for a living is financial investigations and subscribe to a variety of research services. If there is a $20 program that will get you someone's income let me know.

Here you go and it's free!! Who cares about a program that tells you their income, this is free then go drive by their house and find out. Thieves are a different type of financial investigators, they look for the five finger discount!!

http://www.zabasearch.com/

Old 12-13-2009, 07:55 PM
franklin322
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont worry about crooks i have insurence if it is stolen and im not home but if i am home i will shoot the sob and he better hope he has medical insurence

Old 12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Easy, do you want people to trace your plate right to where you live!!! The next day GOOD-BYE BIKE!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
max56
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
Easy, do you want people to trace your plate right to where you live!!! The next day GOOD-BYE BIKE!!!
Hmmm...now, I'm not all that criminally smart, but it seems to me, it would be a lot easier to steal one of those Harleys that just went down the road, rather than find one on the web that is probably on the other side of the continent, research it and then go steal it. What do I know?

Some of you folks worry just a bit too much.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:57 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't know just anyone could access DMV information. Does anyone know of someone loosing a bike as the result of somebody getting their registration information after seeing their license number?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Talking

IM NOT WORRIED MAX56, i sleep fine at night! Think about it, criminals DO get MARRIED OR LIVE COMMON LAW! There wife or girlfriend works for a government agency, NOT A PROBLEM to locate a BIKE or PERSON if you no what i mean!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING YOU, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!!

Last edited by hpfatboy; 12-13-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
max56
Road Warrior

Yes, but I suspect they're watching you more on the street, where thousands of people see your license plate on any given day, as opposed to them seeing one picture of your license plate on a picture on the net. I just think you guys are awfully paranoid to think somebody is going to come steal your bike because you didn't blur out the license plate before you posted it online. Think of how many LOCAL dishonest people see that plate on the road. I think they're much more of a threat to you. And if you're worried about them watching you...you'd better be checking your mirrors to see if they're following you home to see where you live. Or better yet, just ride and stop worrying.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:05 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Talking

Like i said MAX56, im just trying to answer the guys initial question. Otherwise, you tell me why 95% of the license plates in pictures are BLACKED OUT! Me, i dont give a SH_T! When anyone comes into my home thats not WELCOME, they will be greeted with a nice SURPRISE whether im home or NOT!!!

Last edited by hpfatboy; 12-13-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

If there is a $20 program that will get you someone's income let me know.
I was thinking the same thing.
How about a bike thief following someone home that has a Harley sticker on their rear bumper or rear window
You'd have better luck finding a car without one on it.
When I make a turn I see if anyone follows me.
Yes, but do you see the black helicopters following from overhead?

Agree on a location at least 5 miles away to show them the bike
That is a smart move for any sale if possible.*

Easy, do you want people to trace your plate right to where you live!!!
As this is the World Wide Web, no one is going to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to steal a vehicle whose resale value is at a somewhat all time low. If they want it, it will be stolen from an open area such as a parking lot or business. I don't ever remember seeing a MC report except a smaller variety where the theft location was the home. In fact that also goes for a car as well as a bike. The change the actor would take is multiplied by a significant level not present in an open commercial area.

But the bottom line is if it makes you feel better, it can't hurt so go ahead and do it.

Last edited by rscalzo; 12-13-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: license plate question