General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson to build a Tri-Rod?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Ctac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley-Davidson to build a Tri-Rod?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...rod-86887.html

Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

If it happens, HD would have taken their abortion and turned it into an afterbirth....YUK

Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Innovative

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Harley starts thinking out of the box and tries to find new markets to stay viable and the first post is a poser trying to kill the project.

If Harley don't find some new product the MOCO is in trouble. OK, so they hit the geezers first that want to wrangle out another 10 years with their knee's in the wind. There is a large Trike aftermarket out there, Harley is smart to go after their piece of it.

If they Trike the V-Rod it will be the first trike they have built that don't fry your boys in the summer. Water Cool it before you hang a cat on it. don't kill the damn thing before it gets off the drawing board!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Dragon5
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its cool. I used to be sort of a purist and hated the V-rod when it came out. Now, I think the V-Rod is a badass bike. It would be something cool for Harley to try. If it doesn't work they can always dump it. I didn't think the V-rod would last either.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
SpyderTB
Tourer

i really hope the MoCo starts making bikes for all ages and new bikes. Or even bring back the Fxr. But a triked V-rod would help the company sell, as long as its not crazy in price.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

FFS

I have a 29 year old bike that'll kick a vrod. Give it more power or let it die.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderTB
as long as its not crazy in price.
That's the problem with the VRod, over priced. If when it came out years ago, it listed at 10K they might have caught on with the younguns.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I had that picture on my wall for three years now. They may never start the work on it. And just sell there patient. Just like the Nova's.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Harley starts thinking out of the box and tries to find new markets to stay viable and the first post is a poser trying to kill the project.

If Harley don't find some new product the MOCO is in trouble. OK, so they hit the geezers first that want to wrangle out another 10 years with their knee's in the wind. There is a large Trike aftermarket out there, Harley is smart to go after their piece of it.

If they Trike the V-Rod it will be the first trike they have built that don't fry your boys in the summer. Water Cool it before you hang a cat on it. don't kill the damn thing before it gets off the drawing board!
They're thinking out of the box is what has soured many of us old timers on them and given them a customer base that never seems to be happy. If the MOCO doesn't come out with something new every couple of years the bulk of their customers start threatening to run off to some other manufacturer.
Those of us that have stuck with them over the years and were quite happy with what they had are starting to fall away just because they don't have an identity anymore.
Just my opinion...I could be way off base, wouldn't be the first time but it's started to affect my loyalty a little. Not even close to the point of riding another brand yet but I have no intention of ever buying a new Bike from the MOCO again.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being an inverted trike with the lean capability, that thing just might sell. It would draw from the same crowd buying the CAN-AMS.

I see a lot of woman on the spyders wearing HD clothing riding along with their companions on HD's. I am sure if they were given the chance to purchase a similar HD product they would. I doubt the sells would be out of sight, but they would probable sell the same as the V-Rod.

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson to build a Tri-Rod?