General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating whether or not to renew HOG

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009 | 10:38 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I use mine for my local HOG group, the Fly-n-Ride and the towing.

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:39 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first & only experience with HOG was an interesting one. Me & the ol' lady have been married 32 years and most of my bro's are outlaws who go through babes like candy. Most of them are just little bimbos that are really there for a couple of reasons. None of them intelectual! One of our closest friends lost his ol' lady in a car wreck. Our women really got along and now she was gone. So we thought we'd go to the HOG meeting hoping to meet a couple or two that were basically crazy like us and liked to ride fast & far. We rode in, parked and went in. It was at an old ELKS lodge and Jack was only $3.00 a shot.That was good, but the rest pretty much sucked! Noone acknowledged us or even said hi. I thought that was a little weird. I've been around bikers my whole life and I wasn't feelin' it. First order of business was who had to put their foot down while making the hard uphill turn into the parking lot! That really got a chuckle out of my ol' lady & she asked me if they were talking about the driveway out front, because it seemed relatively easy to make that maneuver without putting your foot down. I figured right then and there I better have another Jack so off to the bar I went again. When I came back they were discussing their last group ride. The Road Captain was complimenting the group on their exemplorary behavior when dealing with the bicyclists that were on the road with them. He was commenting on how they slowed down & gave the bicyclists plenty of room. I had to get a little further clarification, so I raised my hand. Just like in grade school. I asked them why they didn't just buzz them? "Buzz them" the road captain asked? I said hell yaa ,Buzz em! You know, swoop in on them quickly and hit them with your exhaust! That moves em over and gets them out of your way in a hurry. They didn't find that too funny and my ol' lady suggested that we best leave. Leave, no way. We did exit the meeting, but hell, who can leave a bar that has $3.00 Jacks & $2.00 beers! A ferw of them did come up to us after the meeting to comment on my suggestion but for the most part they ignored us just like they did when we showed up.

Last edited by scootertramp; 12-16-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2009 | 12:52 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by scootertramp
My first & only experience with HOG was an interesting one. Me & the ol' lady have been married 32 years and most of my bro's are outlaws who go through babes like candy. Most of them are just little bimbos that are really there for a couple of reasons. None of them intelectual! One of our closest friends lost his ol' lady in a car wreck. Our women really got along and now she was gone. So we thought we'd go to the HOG meeting hoping to meet a couple or two that were basically crazy like us and liked to ride fast & far. We rode in, parked and went in. It was at an old ELKS lodge and Jack was only $3.00 a shot.That was good, but the rest pretty much sucked! Noone acknowledged us or even said hi. I thought that was a little weird. I've been around bikers my whole life and I wasn't feelin' it. First order of business was who had to put their foot down while making the hard uphill turn into the parking lot! That really got a chuckle out of my ol' lady & she asked me if they were talking about the driveway out front, because it seemed relatively easy to make that maneuver without putting your foot down. I figured right then and there I better have another Jack so off to the bar I went again. When I came back they were discussing their last group ride. The Road Captain was complimenting the group on their exemplorary behavior when dealing with the bicyclists that were on the road with them. He was commenting on how they slowed down & gave the bicyclists plenty of room. I had to get a little further clarification, so I raised my hand. Just like in grade school. I asked them why they didn't just buzz them? "Buzz them" the road captain asked? I said hell yaa ,Buzz em! You know, swoop in on them quickly and hit them with your exhaust! That moves em over and gets them out of your way in a hurry. They didn't find that too funny and my ol' lady suggested that we best leave. Leave, no way. We did exit the meeting, but hell, who can leave a bar that has $3.00 Jacks & $2.00 beers! A ferw of them did come up to us after the meeting to comment on my suggestion but for the most part they ignored us just like they did when we showed up.

I wish you lived by me and my OL. I would have paid to see you ask that question. I did a HOG ride once and I'll never do another one again. I was just looking to met other riders, but the people I met I didn't care for.
Hey if you ever get to North East PA let me know. I know plenty of $1.50 shot and $1.25 bottle beer bars around here.

Old 12-16-2009 | 01:19 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleyguy5571
I wish you lived by me and my OL. I would have paid to see you ask that question. I did a HOG ride once and I'll never do another one again. I was just looking to met other riders, but the people I met I didn't care for.
Hey if you ever get to North East PA let me know. I know plenty of $1.50 shot and $1.25 bottle beer bars around here.
I was just back there a couple of years ago visting an old buddy in the Amish country. I can't remember the name of his town but it was probaly 20 miles from the HD plant and near Hershey, I think. I know I rode my ol' lady to the Hershey plant but we were just following my partner around. Went to Gettysburg. That was awesome! I may be back that way in a couple of years.

Old 12-16-2009 | 01:39 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think

Attached Thumbnails Debating whether or not to renew HOG-mcsafe7.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009 | 01:43 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

I was just back there a couple of years ago visting an old buddy in the Amish country. I can't remember the name of his town but it was probaly 20 miles from the HD plant and near Hershey, I think. I know I rode my ol' lady to the Hershey plant but we were just following my partner around. Went to Gettysburg. That was awesome! I may be back that way in a couple of years.
I'm in Hazleton, about 125mile North of Gettysburg. Gettysburg is a great place. My wife and I love it there!!!! Next time your down by Hershey jump on I-81 North and head on up this way.
Small world man

Old 12-16-2009 | 01:55 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Last edited by TwiggyAZ; 12-16-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2009 | 02:05 PM
Charlie Harlie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
The real benefits of HOG are social. It's either your crowd, or it isn't.

But since most of the HOG benefits are available elsewhere, I would think you have to find value in what HOG really is: a club.

(Neither my wife nor I are members.)
Faber, you got it in one

Old 12-16-2009 | 03:21 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I had to get a little further clarification, so I raised my hand. Just like in grade school. I asked them why they didn't just buzz them? "Buzz them" the road captain asked? I said hell yaa ,Buzz em! You know, swoop in on them quickly and hit them with your exhaust! That moves em over and gets them out of your way in a hurry. They didn't find that too funny and my ol' lady suggested that we best leave. Leave, no way. We did exit the meeting, but hell, who can leave a bar that has $3.00 Jacks & $2.00 beers! A ferw of them did come up to us after the meeting to comment on my suggestion but for the most part they ignored us just like they did when we showed up.

Scooter, you and me think the same. That's the sort of thing I'd come out with, just for the shock factor alone, and a bit of humor, but also a bit of truth in it. You should come out riding with us sometime. Just the other day I was on this forum saying how I like to buzz the slow pokes on the highway limping along in the jap cars and all the folks on the thread almost crapped themselves, called me a poser and all sorts of ****.

Anyway, next time you're in Calgary, drop me a Pm, we'll hook up with my ridin buddies, rip some ashfault, buzz some ol' ladies, maybe some cyclers, have a couple brewskies, you know, just normal things.

Old 12-16-2009 | 03:49 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jberg
Other than getting a pin at events I have made no use of this membership. I get free towing from AMA. Any recommendations?
If your in an area that has group events. I would say yes. If your looking for the towing or rode side. 100% waste of money. They do not show up.

Quick Reply: Debating whether or not to renew HOG