General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating whether or not to renew HOG

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't re-sub this year, they recently sent me a 2 for 1 sub. offer. I didn't belong to a local chapter, tried that once back in '87, lasted 3 rides then bailed out. Too many clueless ******* was my experience, could be different now. So, the HOG membership was really to get the magazine, which was old news by the time I got them anyway.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

yeh, for the price, I don't think it's worth it anymore. You used to get 2 mags, now you only get 1, and pretty much everyone in here insurance will cover a tow.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:19 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

[QUOTE=Toypuller;5960972]My understanding is that HOG owns the fly & ride bikes and the dealer stores them and rents them on behalf of HOG. Once they are rented, they aren't available, even though the dealer still has rentals.

The rental bikes from the dealership belong to the dealer and are seperate from the fly and ride.

That's what HOG told me anyway.

As far as membership. My wife and I are both national. I'm also local until Jan 1st.

You could be correct on this but when called 4 months ahead of time thinking ought to be plenty of notice... During a time there is no holidays or special events in that area .. No Bikes available through HOG..Guess if want to rent a Hog Bike better do it a year in advance..

Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

they just gave me another year with the new bike. I don't belong to a local chapter (can't make meetings due to work hours and its too clicky in my experience) but I'll keep it due to the discounts I get when renting bikes (can't go too long without riding, yes my name is killer and I'm a bikeaholic) wherever I'm at without my own bike...

Old 12-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

never used it so I let it run out after the first year
the one time I went to use it for a discount on a parts purchase the dude told me "we only honor the local chapter" so I thought, what F'in good is this!
seemed like nothing more than a magazine subscription to me.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I renewed for the "Enthusiast" magazine but now that they combined them I let it lapse. All Hog Tales is is an advertisement for the MOCO anyway. I'll miss the Enthusiast....Seems like the Harley-Davidson I had grown to know and love since I first became involved with it back in the late 60's is going away for good.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:36 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by IronAss
I renewed for the "Enthusiast" magazine but now that they combined them I let it lapse. All Hog Tales is is an advertisement for the MOCO anyway. I'll miss the Enthusiast....Seems like the Harley-Davidson I had grown to know and love since I first became involved with it back in the late 60's is going away for good.
carefull, we've got some people running around in here now that will call you a blasphemer

Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Old 12-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,310 Likes on 1,587 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk;5960999
[B
You could be correct on this but when called 4 months ahead of time thinking ought to be plenty of notice... During a time there is no holidays or special events in that area .. No Bikes available through HOG..Guess if want to rent a Hog Bike better do it a year in advance..[/B]
I've tried to go Fly and Ride a couple of times with no luck. In Vegas the bikes were booked a year in advance.

Dealer had anything we wanted.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been with HOG since 86,lifer since 96(wife bought me the life for B-day),is it worth it dont know but I got a drawer full of patches and pins,used the tow back in 95,Fly and ride twice,Wife also bought me the Life Memeber patch and HOG patch and sewd it on a vest for me for a B-Day present.....Touring handbook and Mag aint too bad but like every thing else,they too just pile up...
Would I do it Nope,to Independent of a rider.

Quick Reply: Debating whether or not to renew HOG