General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STURGIS - How many of the forum go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:21 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I went in 87 haven't been back. Had an absolutely outfukinstandin time when I did go.

Hear it ain't the same anymore but thinking about stopping by in 2010 on my way back from the Hoka Hey Challenge.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Been to Sturgis many times and really enjoy the ride out and riding in the Black Hills, but had to cancel my 2009 trip. If you have never been, you need to do it at least once.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:32 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

yeah me and my wife went for the first time last year with a friend and his wife. We had a great time, but missed out on a lot of stuff. We didn't do as much riding as we would have liked. There were some great rides we missed. Also me and my friend wanted to ditch the girls and go to the monkey bar or what ever it's called, but didn't get that chance. haha. Missed out on the bikini bike wash. We didn't even make it up to deadwood (or what ever that place was called). So you see the really important things we missed. I'd like to go again next year. We camped, I was comfortable, but I think the women would have been a bit happier in a cabin or even a motorhome. Luckily we got out of there before the hail storm hit.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been four times 2010 will be the fifth... Each year I find something new to do... So much to see and do that I have yet to get to the East side of town and see the Buffalo Chip, Glenco and what ever else is over there... Made some good friends along the way... Then there is the ride there and back, there is so much country to see that I have yet to take the same route twice... Sturgis is what you make it...

Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

A bunch of us that work together went in 2008, we camped, it was noisy but we knew what we were getting into. There were three women camping next to us...looked to us like a mom and two of her daughters...they spent the whole time pouring booze down. The second night we were there one of the girls was sitting outside complaining loudly that even though she thought she was really hot no one was paying any attention to her. Mind you this is at 1:30 in the morning...and no she was not hot, just very drunk. Well after listening to this for almost an hour one of my buddies went over and told her to shut the heck up, go into town find someone and screw'em. Latter that morning we were all sitting around eating some breakfast and sure as heck from out of her tent crawls this scroungy looking critter. He pulls his pant up, puts his dirty shirt back on and heads out of camp. We all had a good laugh about that and have had many more since then, a week doesn't go by that someone doesn't mention the babe we camped next to.

Paul in Colorado

Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Bryanp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sturgis 2010 will be my first trip. I already plan to do it every year after that unless i financially or physically cant go. Plan to go with some friends that have been going for years and camping at Spearfish.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

[QUOTE=wb0zrd;5941897]A bunch of us that work together went in 2008, we camped, it was noisy but we knew what we were getting into. There were three women camping next to us...looked to us like a mom and two of her daughters...they spent the whole time pouring booze down. The second night we were there one of the girls was sitting outside complaining loudly that even though she thought she was really hot no one was paying any attention to her. Mind you this is at 1:30 in the morning...and no she was not hot, just very drunk. Well after listening to this for almost an hour one of my buddies went over and told her to shut the heck up, go into town find someone and screw'em. Latter that morning we were all sitting around eating some breakfast and sure as heck from out of her tent crawls this scroungy looking critter. He pulls his pant up, puts his dirty shirt back on and heads out of camp. We all had a good laugh about that and have had many more since then, a week doesn't go by that someone doesn't mention the babe we camped next to

Paul in Colorado[/QUOTe

Now that sounds like a normal night at just about any get together back in the 70's

Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was there in 08..............Loved it, The most beautiful scenic riding I've ever done

Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I'm going for the fugly drunk chicks :/

Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
pip369
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been up there three times. Didn't make it to the rally this year but will try and hit it next year.

BTW my sig pic was taken in a bar in WY on the way up there. Did some riding all over the south and west before heading there.

PIP

Quick Reply: STURGIS - How many of the forum go?