Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What drives a biker to become 1%

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What drives a biker to become 1%

Its just something I cannot get my head around - The outlaw biker scene etc - Its not very common here in Ireland but I know 1% clubs do exist but for the life if me I cant understand why some will want to live their life that way. Maybe I am missing something ? I mean you join one of these clubs after a year of being treated like ***** and then spend tghe rest of your life looking over your shoulder - Is it a deathwish or something - Ok I understand the brotherhood etc but come on is it just another way of saying - "Im a crook , look at my patch"? I dont mean any disrespect to any 1% at all but would like to hear how and why they "really" joined.

Last edited by fatbob123; 12-07-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
94fatboy
Tourer

Why does any gang member join a gang?? Sense of community, protection, only family they ever had, dont know any better, born into it, parts of the lifestyle are compelling to them....You wont get ONE answer that will clear if up for you, everyone does it for their own reasons

Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Jeffrey Dahmer could of answered that for you if he was still alive.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Death wish!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

very true

Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,915 Likes on 6,641 Posts

It's for the cookies. They come around here every year, and I buy boxes and boxes of 'em. They're delicious.

Oh wait........that's a different group. Never mind.

Last edited by RHPAW; 12-07-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Nightking
Banned

Originally Posted by 94fatboy
Why does any gang member join a gang?? Sense of community, protection, only family they ever had, dont know any better, born into it, parts of the lifestyle are compelling to them....You wont get ONE answer that will clear if up for you, everyone does it for their own reasons

This will be the very best response you will get on this thread.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
midnight2005
Banned

If you are not trying to offend anyone, pay more attention to what you say. Just because you are 1% and you wear a patch does not make you a crook. You may never understand mc's. It's one of those things "If I gotta explain....."

Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Must be Monday.....

Time for the first of this weeks mandatory "1%'er" threads.

But to answer your question; why does anyone do anything that might seem different or abnormal to some?

They have their own reasons, and each person is free to follow the lifestyle of thier choice, even if others might question that choice.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbob123
Its just something I cannot get my head around - The outlaw biker scene etc - Its not very common here in Ireland but I know 1% clubs do exist but for the life if me I cant understand why some will want to live their life that way. Maybe I am missing something ? I mean you join one of these clubs after a year of being treated like ***** and then spend tghe rest of your life looking over your shoulder - Is it a deathwish or something - Ok I understand the brotherhood etc but come on is it just another way of saying - "Im a crook , look at my patch"? I dont mean any disrespect to any 1% at all but would like to hear how and why they "really" joined.
I'll probably get flamed good for this, but whenever I see this question I wonder why anyone posts it here. What you get is a bunch of opinions from people who for the most part don't have a clue and spew bullshit when they write. Sorry guys, no offense intended, but so far the responses are exactly what I am talking about. THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT ANSWER! Every one of those 1%ers had their reason and it's their business, unless you are one of them you will never understand. Oh yeah, I know, old school mentality ain't allowed here, but the OP asked. As for the OP, if you mean no disrespect, don't say the things you said in your post ("Im a crook , look at my patch", Is it a deathwish or something?). If you are truly interested in hearing how and why they joined, you're going to have to get to know them REAL well, otherwise, just let it go. This is truly an example of "If I have to explain ......"

Quick Reply: What drives a biker to become 1%