General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What drives a biker to become 1%

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
thebob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH in the same boat. Well good luck

Old 12-08-2009, 12:53 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cockroach
i think thats where you are mistaken. Its not a lifestyle, its a life. everything you do revolves around your brothers, not just when you get home.
I cannot give you everyone's definition of what makes a 1%er different than a regular club. I can only speak for myself in saying that my brothers and I dont want to be told or dictated what to do by society, law enforcement, etc. I personally will never accept people dictating how I will live my life. My brothers and I show that and are proud of that fact. To us, that is freedom, and its worth fighting for.
again, I have never committed a crime and never intend to (for those of you who think the only way to fight is by crminal activity).
Thanks for replying, Cockroach.

I see your difference between 'lifestyle' and 'life.' I was thinking the same as you, but chose the wrong word.

Folks know, or should know, that each MC is different.

But, it is that little 1%er diamond that gets folks all worked up. It must mean something, or else those MCs wouldn't put it there, as they already have three patches on their back.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
tseek555
Road Master

Originally Posted by TittiesOnTwo
Well I didn't join for the chicks......
You sound like a good hearted woman....

Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by faber
Thanks for replying, Cockroach.

I see your difference between 'lifestyle' and 'life.' I was thinking the same as you, but chose the wrong word.

Folks know, or should know, that each MC is different.

But, it is that little 1%er diamond that gets folks all worked up. It must mean something, or else those MCs wouldn't put it there, as they already have three patches on their back.
I dont personally wear the diamond, to me personally, (I cant speak for anyone else) it is just another way to say that you dont wanna play by rules you do not agree with and value your freeodm above all else. I dont know why it gets people so worked up, actually a lot of clubs dont even wear one. If you look at some major clubs, you'll see a lot dont wear it. doesnt mean they are not 1%. To each his own in that sense. I have much respect either way.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
msankey
Cruiser

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. But, I can't get the territorial aspect.

Cochroach, you mentioned that you do not want people limiting your freedoms or telling you how to dress.

But......1%er's dictate what to wear and in what area. Not just among themselves but among everyone riding a motorcycle.

Since that is the case it seems to me that these organizations are not fighting for the cause of freedom but more for the right to dictate freedom.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cockroach
I dont personally wear the diamond, to me personally, (I cant speak for anyone else) it is just another way to say that you dont wanna play by rules you do not agree with and value your freeodm above all else. I dont know why it gets people so worked up, actually a lot of clubs dont even wear one. If you look at some major clubs, you'll see a lot dont wear it. doesnt mean they are not 1%. To each his own in that sense. I have much respect either way.
well i think that right there is one of the best explinations of a 1%, i have read in a long time. by that definition one could say that a person can be a 1%er but not a club member well at least in theory.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

In some Traditional (1%'er) MC's the wearing of the triangle '1%er' patch is not optional, but required for full patched members when wearing their colors.

The requirement to wear that specific patch (along with it's position on the vest) is included in their ByLaws.

But of course this varies from club to club....

Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,847 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
In some Traditional (1%'er) MC's the wearing of the triangle '1%er' patch is not optional, but required for full patched members when wearing their colors.
Triangle 1%er patch? I think you meant diamond patch, didn't you?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
stonewall308
Tourer

Who cares?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Triangle 1%er patch? I think you meant diamond patch, didn't you?

Yeah.... I think my brain froze today....

We had freezing rain and snow all day. High tomorrow is only suppose to hit 15, low tomorrow night minus 2.

Quick Reply: What drives a biker to become 1%