General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many ride with chaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:11 AM
mikeingoshen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
I'm glad there are people who won't wear chaps because they're afraid of looking ghey. Gives me something else to laugh about, and this world needs more of that.

Like many others, I wear mine when it gets below 50. I'll wear them in the 50's if it's also damp or overcast. Luv 'em.
yeah sign me up for that one i got kids to raise in this town my son wouldn't be seen within a mile of me with me riding around looking like a gay pirate... i don't wear belly shirts or patent leather sandals either... both are probably amazingly comfortable in the summer

Old 12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by monstead
I think [most] guys look pretty hot in chaps, but what do I know, I'm just a chick!
nah most ladies look hot in chaps

Old 12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The wife and I have worn chaps when needed for over 45 yrs.Would never be without them.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

(deleted by me. internet told me, "screw you, hippie!" and goofed up the pic link.)

Last edited by osirisdean; 12-04-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Born2cure
I have been riding since I was 12 years old I'm 48 now. I never used chaps always had a village people stereotype to them. The other night took ride the temp dropped to 34. My upper body was warm with layers but my legs got very cold not enough to ruin my ride but cold. Buddy told me to use chaps anybody else agree with this. Had long John's but doesn't stop wind. Also how are they in heat do they help with the sun on the legs.
It was 28* out last night, you can bet I had mine on. Only my cheeks were cold, and that is kind of refreshing! ( At least for the first hour, lol )

Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeingoshen
HAH love it, good one...

no i don't wear chaps i would rather be cold and deal with rocks or bugs hitting my legs, it is a look that has been taken by the g@y and bondage community and everyone identifies it as such, i don't typically care what people think of me but i don't want to look like i'm going to an S&M club when i leave my house, i have my limits... plus i can't get over the look of them.
(i tried to link a picture of South Park with the kids calling the bikers f@gs but the HDF net nanny fouled it up, so joke lost. oh well.)

it's a shame that youve bought into a stereotype. function > form, and chaps do the job theyre designed for. what the fashion police think about it should be irrelevant. and honestly, i know more gals who think they look hot than gay anyway.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what they are there for but I don't wear chaps

Old 12-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I wear chaps till temps are below 50. Then I prefer my textile pants/coat, which are much warmer.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 AM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I've never owned a pair of chaps, but there are days I wish I did. I just wear thermals under my jeans, and that is good down to about the upper 40's. Luckily, we don't get a lot of really cold weather here in my area. Today it's in the 30's and SNOWING, but that is unusual around here. If I had to go somewhere on the bike today, and I had a pair of chaps you bet I would put them on!

Also, am I the only one that thinks those textile Power Ranger suits are just as gay looking as chaps? No offense to anyone that wears them.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:41 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Always wear them below 60 on long trips. For the 20 mile trip to work I only wear them if it's below 45.

Quick Reply: How many ride with chaps