General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my cycle hill tire changer

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The Cycle Hill is made by No Mar as well. When I called to order they answered the phone No Mar. Anyway, well see how it works once it gets here as they make it look like a cake walk in that video. Octo, Ride on over and we'll hook you up too. It might take you a few days to get here, but it will be worth it.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Look forward to hearing how it works. Heck, if you get real good at it you could start doing that as a side project... charge half what the dealers charge and just rake in the dough.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Dave54
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll love it. A buddy (cycletrash98) has the no-mar and it works
as good as they say. And just a little hint ,you are going to have
a nice stock pile of used tires in your garage!
Garbage won't take tires . I think he's going to give them
back for xmas gifts!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Dave54
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...rage-pics.html

You may as well get one of these too
Still working on cycletrash 98 checkout reply#17

Old 12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a no-mar pro, not familiar with this one made by no-mar,, it's not as easy as the video makes it seem, that demount barr can rack you if you're not careful, some tires have stronger beads and plys,,, you will need at least a couple of spoons, no-mar makes some good ones, I have three third hands, sometimes you need them sometimes not, putting the tire back on is harder than taking one off and if you have hot sun just lay the new tire out in it and heat it up, that will help a lot on real stiff wall tires like touring tires, technique and doing a few is the only way to learn it,, sport bike tires are the easiest to change out, I've done car tires and ATV tires on my no-mar too.

After looking at the video this unit is a fairly lightweight unit probably perfect for the person looking to change their own tires at home, but I'm not sure how it would hold up to changing a lot of tires.

Last edited by John TN; 12-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:30 AM
anubisss
Banned

Thanks for the feedback John. We will see how it works. The guy on the phone said I will not need spoons. Guess I might have get some anyway. I would get the regular no mar but the extra couple hundred throws off my budget. Anyway, I'll post a review once it is set up and has been used. My new tires are coming today and I will be hopefully picking up the tire changer at the Cycle World show today as well.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
tjvrodrick
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
And all I get for my birthday is ANOTHER year older.
+1 there. well some day i will get what i want.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
anubisss
Banned

Due to a banking issue beyond my control my cycle hill order was canceled. I was planning on getting the actual tire changer at the motorcycle show yesterday but this banking issue is still haunting me. The good thing was I got to see all the tire changers in action. I am now possibley consiering the No mar instead of the cycle hill for a few reasons.

The No Mar is a bit easier to use and clamping the tire on does not require any tools, it has a locking cam and the bead breaker is at waist level as opposed to on the ground. It comes with the scratch proof bead breaker as well. On the cycle hill you need a socket to lock the wheel into palce and the bead breaker is on the ground as opposed to at waist level.

I am going to mount this is a room with a carpet floor anyway, but for another $125 I can get a setup that seems much simpler. The question is if it is worth the extra $125 to me or not. I am not really sure. What do you guys think? Here are links to the No Mar and the cycle hill.

No Mar Classic
http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/1

Cycle Hill
http://www.cyclehill-tirechanger-sec...ults.asp?Cat=1

Videos
http://video.google.com/videosearch?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&q=no+mar+tire+changer+cycle+hill&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=3qQaS6zdOomSsgPb27T8BA&sa=X&oi=video_result_g roup&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB4QqwQwAw#oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&q=no+mar+tire+changer+cycle+hill&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=3qQaS6zdOomSsgPb27T8BA&sa=X&oi=video_result_g roup&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB4QqwQwAw&qvid=no+mar +tire+changer+cycle+hill&vid=-4257796020730656092

Old 12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting this , hmmmm , a bit of capitalism in the works ,
gotta love it !!!

Old 12-05-2009, 04:28 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The No-Mar classic would be much better if you are planning on changing other folks tires along with your own. JMHO

Quick Reply: Just ordered my cycle hill tire changer